Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Guns at political rallies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns at political rallies?

So, how do you feel about people toting guns to political rallies?

Honestly, it scares the bejeezuz out of me, and I don't care who is speaking. I think Barney Frank is as much at risk as the President. (or more, I'm sure the President has a greater level of Secret Service Protection. and some crazy gun-toting out of work union dude is just as scary as some whack job part of the 'birthers' movement.

I don't think you should be allowed to bring weapons (knives, guns, tanks) to ANY kind of political rally.

It's bad enough that some crazy Move-On idiot bit the finger off of one of the Tea-Baggers. Good Lord.

I get that passions run hot about the issues but this is really turning ugly.

I don't want to think about what would happen if ANY of our elected officials were assassinated.

Thoughts?

Holy crap - someone bit someone else's finger off?!

It's wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

If you are carrying you don't tote around your gun for all the world to see. In that sense this is a STATEMENT that these people are making. Now, I think statements made with signs are quite appropriate. Heck, yell if you want! But, you don't send a threatening statement at a political rally. It stifles democracy.

I am as pro-2nd Ammendment as they get. But, I do not believe that a person should make a threatening gesture towards any elected official simply because they disagree with the constitutional and non-threatening policies of that elected official. We're not talking about a dictator staging a coup for goodness' sake.

I don't care WHO is president - Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Obama, Carter, or even Nixon - you show RESPECT for the office. And, you don't make threatening gestures if you intend to show respect.

Sure, if it's legal wear your gun to the rally. But, be a responsible gun owner and carry it concealed - only to be used in cases of dire emergency where life and limb are at risk.
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Freaks. Me. Out.

I don't think I can talk rationally about this new trend. I see an accident a la Kent State in the future.

Angie
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post

It's bad enough that some crazy Move-On idiot bit the finger off of one of the Tea-Baggers. Good Lord.
        I nearly choked when I heard this one on the radio. FREAKING INSANE. It wasn't one of the Tea Baggers, though. It was one of the anti-HealthCare reform folks and the counter-demonstrators. And then, b/c the one who lost his finger was old, all of the healthcare costs were covered by medicare.

And, once again, I'm in agreement with DCJenn & Rapunzel on an issue. I realize the newbies have no clue as to how momentous an occasion this is, but I really feel like we must establish some sort of iMSN holiday or something in remembrance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post
          And, once again, I'm in agreement with DCJenn & Rapunzel on an issue. I realize the newbies have no clue as to how momentous an occasion this is, but I really feel like we must establish some sort of iMSN holiday or something in remembrance.
          I'm with you ladies!
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

September 17th -- officially an iMSN holiday of love and goodwill

This topic cracks me up... I had never seen so many guns in public as I did when I was down in Texas when I was visiting a girlfriend.
            Up here in Canada (at least where I live) you do NOT see guns. You know people might carry them in the large cities but you will NEVER see a gun being toted around here.

That being said. NO. Guns should not be hauled around during a political rally... too many hot tempers, emotions flying around... not a good idea.

Comment

And, now with DCJenn, Jane, Pollyana, and myself all in agreement we can now announce the end of the world has begun.

We're totally weirding out the newbies....
              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
              With fingernails that shine like justice
              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Screw the newbies! I'm freaked!!!
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Why would you bring a gun to a political rally?

Any politician, on either side of the spectrum, makes me want to put a gun to my head. Who needs to be in a situation where suicide is encouraged?

Comment

Cue REM:

"it's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine..."

j.

Comment

Working...
                    X