Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sugar or Plain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar or Plain?

I am referring, of course, to the edible vessel with which you carry your favorite ice cream...

Hit it!!!

RB

My name is Amiens, and I am an ice cream addict. I will take my ice cream in a bowl, a cup, a waffle cone, sugar cone, plain cone, waffle bowl dipped in chocolate. Just as long as it is good ice cream, not the generic crap sold in the folded up ice cream box, sitting next to the Breyers, Dreyers, Ben & Jerry's, taking up precious freezer space.

The question that should be asked is Breyers, Blue Bunny, Dreyers, Tillamook, Ben & Jerry's, Hagen Daas, or homemade? If you have had the pleasure of living in Denver then you know about Bonnie Brae.
    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Used to be sugar only but in a fit of traditionalism, I have reverted back to cake (plain).

Comment

Originally posted by Amiens View Post
        My name is Amiens, and I am an ice cream addict.
        As am I!! My family loves icecream (we eat it several times a day on vacation!) I am so bad that I cannot by a quart of icecream because I eat it in a day or two :::holds head in shame::: so now I only buy individually portioned icecream treats/

We are big fans of soft serve in particular.... (and I was overjoyed to find at the state fair they have this softserve icecream that has bits of candy IN IT -like a blizzard but in a cone!)

You get less icecream in a sugar cone so I am going to have to say CAKE cone... not "plain" RB it is called a cake cone.... you must not really be the ice cream fans that Amiens and I are!
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

If you have had the pleasure of living in Denver then you know about Bonnie Brae.
          I've driven past this but never stopped. Thanks for the endorsement - I'll have to check it out!

I generally get my ice cream in a cup, but sometimes I splurge for waffle cones.
          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Sugar or sometimes waffle cones dipped in chocolate and nuts!
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

My name is Amiens, and I am an ice cream addict. I will take my ice cream in a bowl, a cup, a waffle cone, sugar cone, plain cone, waffle bowl dipped in chocolate. Just as long as it is good ice cream, not the generic crap sold in the folded up ice cream box, sitting next to the Breyers, Dreyers, Ben & Jerry's, taking up precious freezer space.

The question that should be asked is Breyers, Blue Bunny, Dreyers, Tillamook, Ben & Jerry's, Hagen Daas, or homemade? If you have had the pleasure of living in Denver then you know about Bonnie Brae.
              OOOH!! Okay, just moved to the Denver area and have not heard of this place yet! Okay, I am so there. *giddy*

Thanks!
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Plain (as in cake)....but Waffle is always better than either sugar or plain....it can hold more than 2 scoops.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                  I've driven past this but never stopped. Thanks for the endorsement - I'll have to check it out!

I generally get my ice cream in a cup, but sometimes I splurge for waffle cones.

When I was pregnant with my first child, in the middle of winter, I made my husband take me out to Bonnie Brae for ice cream here. It is just worth going to smell the fresh made daily ice cream. Good stuff!
                  Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                    OOOH!! Okay, just moved to the Denver area and have not heard of this place yet! Okay, I am so there. *giddy*

Thanks!
                    I have yet to find a homemade ice cream place as good as Bonnie Brae. They are located near the Univ. of Denver campus. They have traditional flavors as well as more gourmet like peach cobbler, and I think one time I saw lemongrass or lavendar. Their cinnamon ice cream is really good. I am more of chunks of candy or cookie in my ice cream gal, and it's really good.
                    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                    X