Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cloth Diapers or Disposable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloth Diapers or Disposable?

We used disposable....I didn't have the energy to wash my kid's "make" out of cloth diapers...

RB

I have done both. I like cloth, but with #4 we spend so much time at school pickups, lessons, practices , etc for older kids that I almost always use disposable. It is just no fun traveling all over town around with soiled diapers.
    Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Princess underwear. Go ahead - feel jealous.

Comment

Depends.
        Oh - you mean my kids?
        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
        Let's go Mets!

Comment

Tried cloth with DD - she couldn't handle them (she's ridiculously sensitive), and then kind of got lazy with DS, so just used disposable from the get-go.
          -Deb
          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We're pretty much a cloth family. Natalie's in prefolds about 95% of the time. I love the soft and fluffy cushion for her bum and I love that I don't have to rush to the store to buy more when we run out! It's just one load of laundry (and an extra rinse) every 2-3 days. I think we've spent about $1000-1200 on diapers for two kids, birth through potty training. And they say that cloth diapers encourage earlier training -- Eddy was down to maybe 1 diaper a day when his sister was born a few months after he turned 2, and was fully trained by 30 months.
            Alison

Comment

We're all cloth and will continue to be so once #2's cord falls off. I'm hoping to try to potty train A in the spring/summer so we'll only have 2 in diapers for 6 months or so. We use them when we go out around town too but we do use disposables when we travel.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Disposable all the time. Here's another question: Huggies or Pampers? (Or other brand?) We just switched from Pampers to Huggies due to the nice elastic waist at the back of the Huggies.
                Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Originally posted by Urowife View Post
                  Disposable all the time. Here's another question: Huggies or Pampers? (Or other brand?) We just switched from Pampers to Huggies due to the nice elastic waist at the back of the Huggies.
                  We do cloth 98% of the time here. But when she is in disposibles, I always use Luvs. They are cheap and don't leak nearly as much as Huggies.
                  Kris

Comment

nothing at all to add (thank God, since my youngest is 8) except to say that once again, fluff, you crack me up!
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Sally! How did THAT happen?! In my time warp, your son is 5,

In my ideal life, I would have used cloth 100%. Considering that I had four in diapers for the better part of a year...uh, no. Disposables.

And I am jealous of princess underwear!!

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                        We do cloth 98% of the time here. But when she is in disposibles, I always use Luvs. They are cheap and don't leak nearly as much as Huggies.
                        that's funny - I tried Luvs last week on vacation and it's the only time she's ever leaked pee... actually, one of my favorite brands of diapers is the CVS supreme - loved them on vacation a few months ago. Too bad the only CVS around is on the other side of town. /hijack
                        Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

one vote for disposables here... Can't imagine where I'd get the time and energy to put into cloth ones, though several friends of mine are quite happy.

I almost always use Huggies, since they're the only ones I found that consistently didn't leak, AND they don't have that funny perfumey smell that Pampers and a lot of others have. Target generics work well too during the day, but almost always leaked at night. I've finally got 2 out of 3 girls in underwear, so it's slowly getting to be less, but when they considered changing our local garbage pickup to bi-weekly last year when I still had a 1 and 3 year old in diapers, I freaked.

Also, cloth makes their diaper-butt bigger- my sister-in-law complained that certain clothes couldn't fit her son because of his disproportionate rear!

Comment

Working...
                          X