Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public restrooms - do you cover the toilet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alison View Post
    I LOVE the toilets at O'Hare. They have plastic already on them - you just have to push a button to rotate!
    I was just there, it's so great! But does the plastic get cleaned or does it keep using new plastic? And you don't even push a button, you wave your hand!

Still, I think I hovered over those seats too!
    Wife to Anesthesia PGY4

Comment

I sincerely hope all you hoverers aren't splatterers. Splatterers are the worst.

I don't cover, because honestly, I don't care that much about getting germs on my thighs. *shrug*
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I just sit down and do my thing. It has worked for me for almost 41 years. I care a LOT more about things I touch with my hands (door handles especially) than things I touch with my butt. Also, when I go to the bathroom, it is probably the first time I have had the chance to sit down in several hours....I'm taking it!
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

My sentiments lie with the sitters. As long as it looks clean, I don't care. And if it looks gross, I'll hold it. My real pet-peeve lies with splatters and non-flushers.

I always wash my hands and open the door with the paper towel (if they have them, grr.)

Comment

I'm a hooverer and a footflusher. I'll wipe down my own stuff but won't touch it if there was something already on the seat before me.

I think sitting is an American thing. Many of the bathrooms in Europe only offer a hovering choice, not to mention China.

Comment

I'm a sitter.

As for O'Hare - you always get new plastic. One of the tv news mags (dateline or something) did a bit on a few years ago. They marked it with a sharpie and then pushed the button a bazillion time and the tick mark never showed back up.
              Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69 View Post
                I'm a hooverer and a footflusher. I'll wipe down my own stuff but won't touch it if there was something already on the seat before me.

I think sitting is an American thing. Many of the bathrooms in Europe only offer a hovering choice, not to mention China.
                Me too, but then I stopped being a footflusher when my flip flop slipped and i ended up on the floor. There is not enough soap to clean with after that experience.
                Brandi
                Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69 View Post

It's like this in public restrooms in Japan. It's literally a ceramic bowl in the floor. No matter how long I stood there hunched over the bowl, and no matter how badly I had to go, NOTHING would come out. It is so unnatural when you aren't accustomed to it.

I'm all over those paper seat protectors. If a restroom doesn't have them, then I line the puppy up with toilet paper. And one draped across the front for safe measure.
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I LOVE the toilets at O'Hare. They have plastic already on them - you just have to push a button to rotate!
                    It doesn't matter how much evidence there is--I just cant trust those
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I am a sitter.

ITA with those who have said that they are more concerned about the germs on the surfaces that our hands touch. Hence why I am a footflusher.

I will occasionally cover the seat with lots of TP, but only if the bathroom appears to have last been cleaned back in 2008.
                      Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Me scissors!! Me want kill thread!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
                          Me too, but then I stopped being a footflusher when my flip flop slipped and i ended up on the floor. There is not enough soap to clean with after that experience.
                          That is my fear of foot-flushing though I still do it. I did not need to know it could really happen!

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                            My sentiments lie with the sitters. As long as it looks clean, I don't care. And if it looks gross, I'll hold it. My real pet-peeve lies with splatters and non-flushers.
                            Same here. I haven't foot-flushed since my foot ended up IN the toilet bowl (oh the horror). Bokelley, I feel your pain!

Comment

I am one that could seriously drink 80 gallons of water, hover, and nothing would come out!! haha....
                              That being said I cover the seat. I have the WORST gag reflexes and bathroom gross me right out. I am constantly feeling I like I am going to be sick. GROSS!!!
                              Foot flushing, and super sanitizing of my hands with some Purel after.

Comment

Working...
                              X