Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Earth Might Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Earth Might Move

If you feel the earth move on Tuesday, just look to New Jersey. I may actually vote for the Republican Candidate for Governor!!! I am really struggling, you have no idea. Well, if you have "known" me for a while, you do know how big this is. If I do vote that way, I will never admit it to DH.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Luanne, I totally understand your struggle. I don't know what I would have done if I had to vote in NJ this year! Good luck in making your decision!!
    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Welcome to the swing side. I like to call myself a woman of mystery - ha - ha - candidates never know if I will swing to right or swing to left.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Luanne - that is too funny!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
          If you feel the earth move on Tuesday, just look to New Jersey. I may actually vote for the Republican Candidate for Governor!!!
          Here's an earth-shaker: I've voted Democrat before. Actually, several times in Texas. Not in the Presidential, but in Congressional and local elections. The Dem was either more conservative than the Rep, or the Rep was a total scumbag. I vote for the person. And, these days, party affiliation seems to be zero indicator of where you "are" in terms of politics or values. And party affiliation has NEVER been an accurate indicator of whether you are a total scumbag.

Comment

I'll be listening for rumblings from the earth's crust on Tuesday.

I voted Republican for both our senate and house reps because the Dem candidates seemed like idiots in the debates aired here. I would probably do that for our local government as well because the Dem party is corrupt as hell in our county government. (The Republicans haven't had power for awhile...so they aren't corrupt for now. ) You have to vote for the person, I think, and hope that the party power is not enough to sway them.

I agree that parties mean little these days. I'm wondering if the system is due for a big shake up over the next decade. Both are fragmenting and the number of independent registrations keeps rising year after year. I'm also curious to see what happens with the NY election -- does anyone know if the Conservative party candidate will now become the Republican candidate since the Republican candidate withdrew?

Interesting times.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
              . I vote for the person. And, these days, party affiliation seems to be zero indicator of where you "are" in terms of politics or values. And party affiliation has NEVER been an accurate indicator of whether you are a total scumbag.
              So very true. Good luck Luanne!
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Re: The Earth Might Move

Originally posted by Luanne123
                If you feel the earth move on Tuesday, just look to New Jersey. I may actually vote for the Republican Candidate for Governor!!! I am really struggling, you have no idea. Well, if you have "known" me for a while, you do know how big this is. If I do vote that way, I will never admit it to DH.
                Omg, that is such a messy campaign! Good luck with your choice!!

I'm so excited to vote for Bloomberg (I was still an Indiana voter last time). He's so smart. I love how he explains his actions (like, in order to have the best teachers, and in order to get the best, you have to pay them) instead if just making decisions based on polls. I love living in a city with a really good mayor, and I hope he's reelected for a third term.

As for party-line, I rarely vote it, especially in local elections. My hometown is 2/3 democrats (congressional rep Brad Ellsworth perfectly represents his constiuents), so there's no point in asking for a republican primary ballot. We usually knew the people running, so even though my dad is a conservative republican, smart and ethical were always more important than party.

As for NY23, all I know is Fred Thompson endorsed the Conservative weeks ago.
                Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

I agree with all of you who vote for a person. I feel that sometimes just "voting along party lines" is almost a cop-out. For me, I have to put the time in, actually understand the issues and research each candidate carefully.

Good luck!!
                  Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I know I have been joking, but I really am feeling stressed.
                    Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Did you go or still deciding?

Comment

I have been in the ER all day with a third degree burn on my finger. It happened when I pushed to button to cast my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Luanne

Comment

You made that up...

Funny though.

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
                            I have been in the ER all day with a third degree burn on my finger. It happened when I pushed to button to cast my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Luanne you crack me up!!!

Tara
                            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

=) Well, now that it's over, share your decision-making process with us! I know that I went through a similar struggle during our last presidential election.

Kris
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                              X