Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Outraged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outraged

This just makes me want to throw up.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37470839...icas?GT1=43001
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Wow - just wow. How does that happen?
    Kris

Comment

I hope he doesn't get off this time! (If they can find him, that is.)

Comment

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/03...van-der-sloot/

Looks like they have him in custody...

Comment

It sucks that he will most likely never be charged with Natalie's death but at least they can get him for this one - RIDICULOUS!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

And these people that get away just MOCK the system, don't they???? It makes me want to go all vigilante. I'd be beside myself if I was the parent of either victim. My husband would have to frisk me for weapons if we went to court. It's just so so so wrong. Evil.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
              I'd be beside myself if I was the parent of either victim. My husband would have to frisk me for weapons if we went to court.
              Definitely.
              -Ladybug

Comment

I wonder if the people that knew him as her was growing up knew he was a sociopath. I wonder if he killed baby birds and tormented little kids? He looks so normal but is really the definition of evil.
                Mom to three wild women.

Comment

I'm glad they caught him. Hopefully justice will finally be served. I've always thought this guy was guilty as sin from what I've seen/read on the Natalee Halloway case. I wonder if he's responsible for more deaths no one has linked him to yet.
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

He's reportedly confessed to killing the girl in Peru and is on suicide watch:
                    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100608/..._van_der_sloot
                    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I'm surprised he confessed. Maybe he will fess up about the Holloway as well.
                      Kris

Comment

This is in the debates section right? If so, I'm just going to go ahead and say it.

If scum like this want to kill themselves, they ought to do the world a favor and get it over with, and we should let them. Further, any person on death row should be screened and tissue typed to become an organ, tissue, and blood donor. Once their potential matches have been made, they should be hauled into a hospital, and their organs harvested. People receiving organs can opt out of the Death Row Donor Program if they have reservations about it, but I bet some people who really need hearts and livers and kidneys and bone marrow would be willing to get whatever they can. Bodies that aren't suitable for organ donation should be donated to medical schools for gross anatomy or research.
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                          This is in the debates section right? If so, I'm just going to go ahead and say it.

If scum like this want to kill themselves, they ought to do the world a favor and get it over with, and we should let them. Further, any person on death row should be screened and tissue typed to become an organ, tissue, and blood donor. Once their potential matches have been made, they should be hauled into a hospital, and their organs harvested. People receiving organs can opt out of the Death Row Donor Program if they have reservations about it, but I bet some people who really need hearts and livers and kidneys and bone marrow would be willing to get whatever they can. Bodies that aren't suitable for organ donation should be donated to medical schools for gross anatomy or research.
                          Thank you for saying what I was thinking. Let him do it and save the court costs.
                          Kris

Comment

Re: Outraged

And the police are bringing him back for a reinactment. The thought just digusts me
                            He said that he walked in on her reading something that connected him with Holloways death on his computer. He didn't want to kill her, but I guess he had to??
                            So grossed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kissmycheek View Post
                              And the police are bringing him back for a reinactment. The thought just digusts me
                              He said that he walked in on her reading something that connected him with Holloways death on his computer. He didn't want to kill her, but I guess he had to??
                              So grossed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              That's the part that's SO awful. The poor girl was basically reading about this evil guy so he murdered her. UGH!
                              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X