Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is Your State the Worst At?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, I love that map.

DC isn't on there, but everywhere else I've lived: motorcycle accidents, crime, air pollution, and cocaine. Awesome.
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
      Wow. WTF, Washington.
      agreed.

Ohio - most library visits per capita. How is that shameful or bad?
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Illinois
        Ummm...paying our bills? I think we're now two years behind to schools and about the same to medical providers.
        Electing officials - they seem to always end up in prison (especially our governors)
        I think the two somehow go hand-in-hand
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Yep - tornadoes. I know at least last season was the record for the most tornadoes ever in MN in one day and it was over a hundred.

ETA: And a little bit of trivia, Mayo Clinic was started because a tornado wiped out the town and the brothers and the nuns started St. Marys/Mayo Clinic.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Homelessness. I'd have to agree with this. Umm . . . I'm glad I'm not from North Dakota or Maine. Lol.
            Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Eeeeps!
              It does say there were 4 known cases in 2010, so...uh... It doesn't seem to be something that's terribly widespread.
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Spot on that Massholes are the WORST drivers. It doesn't help that half the roads don't make sense. Sometimes miss my easy to follow grids of NYC.
                Danielle
                Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I think it was only in the last decade that WA enacted any laws specifically prohibiting bestiality. Up until then, I think the cases were only prosecuted as animal cruelty.

Just. Ew.

Comment

Ew is right!
                    Did you hear about the guy who died in Enumclaw from injuries sustained while um, yeah. And his friend was videotaping it.

Comment

Clearly that's where all our alcoholics come from, they need the alcohol to forget their "time with the animals".
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by wildfin View Post
                        Air pollution.
                        And education budgeting.
                        And government spending.
                        And traffic.
                        And the "wow, your Mom looks like your teenage sister as you both wear matching velour lounge suits" factor.
                        I'd just like to say that for the record, this does not occur in Northern CA (far north). Just saying.
                        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                          Perhaps the bestiality in Washington is a result of Twilight... :P
                          I can't believe you went there.
                          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Having lived in OH, I have to agree that it is a nerdy state. But not because of library use. The libraries in Cleveland were awesome. I found it to be nerdy because of the ridiculous and relentless enforcement of rules without any thought to the intention of rules.
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

TARA! That cracked me up-- especially coming from you!

Comment

Enumclaw is one of the worst dumping grounds before transit to Canada/Mexico for horse auction/slaughter

We're the worst state for infertility. Could be worse things?
                                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
                                X