Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Two time teacher of the year punches student in the face numerous times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
    When I taught high school, I was physically assaulted after school in my classroom by a VERY LARGE male student--who was illegally on campus (after having threatened me and several others, I would note) and evading police. Smashed my head into a doorframe.

More than anything, I'd like to punch the heads of the children's PARENTS. Their lack of good parenting is usually the cause of their delinquent children. The kid who assaulted me (who was later charged in a drive-by shooting, BTW...)...his family was a nightmare. They blames me and the school for the fact their son was arrested.
    Oh wow GMW, that is terrifying.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
      Oh wow GMW, that is terrifying.
      Nothing like what that woman on the video went through. I didn't even see the kid coming. He rounded the corner and ran into me. He threw me against a doorframe pretty much to clear me out of his way. There was no time to process or feel fearful. What that woman went through--to be surrounded, with no one getting help, with no way to defuse, feeling in fear of your physical safety...that's way way way worse. I never really felt like I was in real danger from any student--even the two I took guns off...who were pretty much just scared kids looking for anyone they could trust. I never faced anything remotely like what that woman went through.

But stuff like that makes me so angry. Angry for the lost kids. Angry at the sucky parents. Angry at the litigation-adverse system that won't back up teachers.

After I broke up a physical altercation among four boys one day--and I did what NONE of the other teachers standing around in the hallway were doing! I was appalled that they weren't helping! I literally came down to me and a slender little guy from the history department to break up the fight--I was told that, next time, just let them hurt themselves. It's better not to get involved. WTHeck?!?! If I can't ensure that my students can pass safely through the halls to my class, then why would they trust me, period? The day I do nothing is the day I quit.

I resigned at the end of the year.

Comment

So sorry you went through that GMW.
        PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
        X