Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Is this kind of weird to anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this kind of weird to anyone?

http://www.attackwatch.com/

At first I thought it was something akin to snopes, but it seems sort of ... strange. I don't think the intention here is to create some sort of police state, but asking for names, pictures, documents etc kind of goes over the top.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'll have to delete my iMSN debate forum posts so I don't find myself on the do not fly list! LOL

Comment

I don't have anything good to say so I'll keep my mouth shut like my mommy taught me.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Careful now ... I'm taking names and numbers!

Comment

ha ha ha!
          Veronica

Comment

I told DH the other night that BO seemed like the "We play my way or we don't play at all" kind of guy. He's the kid who wouldn't share in the sandbox unless you play by his rules.
            Veronica

Comment

I don't know. My gut says that this is an attempt to get his information out there and to help people who don't want to take the time/effort to look up things and respond themselves. I sort of 'get' that aspect of it. I think it might just take it a step far. I wonder if there are any consequences for reporters who do write unfavorable reports?

Comment

There's a huge difference between unfavorable and untrue.

There would obviously not be consequences for unfavorable reports First, it's a campaign site. What's gonna happen, an angry campaign manager comes knocking your door down? Second, that's illegal.
                I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, the only "news" outlet he give a hard time is FOX ... frankly, I don't blame him.

I will say I don't like the appearance or tone of the website -- the same thing could have been achieved in a much more palatable way. "Get Your Facts Straight", or "Find The Truth" ... not a black, red, and white "danger" looking website. It's sinking to the level of the other side, IMO.

BUT ... there are SO many half or one-drop kind of "facts" that are bandied about in politics, again, especially with FOX - and once it's "out there" any retraction or re-statement of clarification falls on mostly deaf ears, largely b/c it's not shouted from the rooftops in the same way. Michelle Bachman and her absurd "i talked to a mom who said the HPV vax caused her daughter to become mentally retarded" immediately comes to mind. I don't blame the President's team (or any politician, for that matter) for wanting an organized, localized place to counter that kind of crap.

Comment

Truth, of course, is in the eye of the beholder. There are many things out there on both sides of the aisles that are twisted to the advantage of the storyteller....In general, I think politicians and reporters twist facts to make things turn out the way they want it to at times.

Kris

Comment

I think everybody twists things to make them turn out the way they want. Regularly.
                      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I don't believe most websites unless the owners are a known quantity to me. Without knowing who set up that website, there's no idea what their intent may or may not be. The "paid for by Obama for President" stamp means nothing unless the website registration matches AND it's a confirmed PAC.

Sorry, I'm a jaded cynic. Particularly where politics are concerned.

Comment

It is operated by obama for america and barackobama.com

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                            I don't believe most websites unless the owners are a known quantity to me. Without knowing who set up that website, there's no idea what their intent may or may not be. The "paid for by Obama for President" stamp means nothing unless the website registration matches AND it's a confirmed PAC.

Sorry, I'm a jaded cynic. Particularly where politics are concerned.
                            It's real. It was on their Facebook feed.

Kris - the Washington Post does a "Pinnochio Check" when political figures make major statements or speeches. It's always interesting. Yes, Obama's camp does this as well -- it's part of the political beast -- but there are extents and extremes of everything. FOX will routinely toss a bunch of crap out there to see if it sticks, and their corrections/retractions are laughable.

Comment

I think if they changed the colors/feel it wouldnt seem so threatening. Good point. Still strange though. Fox tgrows out shit for sure. Ive heard many skewed stories from both camps though. Fox uses vitriole. Some dem channels use selective info and appear more honest/victimized when they aren't really.

Comment

Working...
                              X