Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

2nd wedding gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the whole "gift or no gift" thing is really more applicable to the serial marry-ers. People hopping from one marriage to another, especially quickly (married 2 years w/a big, lavish wedding, divorce, getting married again a year later) is a different scenario to my judgmental self than a person who divorced and is getting remarried later in life, or after several years.

I also agree w/Sandy's interpretation of donations.

Comment

Sandy, I agree with you. This didn't seem to be the case for this scenario. I have two charities that I care about a lot. I wonder who in my life knows what they are...even people close to me! If this was the person's 5th wedding, I might feel differently. I think a gift like that should be reserved for a close relationship and an occasion where it would be appropriate.
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I like the Costco membership idea
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Since you know that they would use the Costco membership, I think that is really thoughtful.
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
            a stone that says "The _____ Family, est 2011"
            I like this idea. We have a sign in our living room that says "Scarlett Family, Est. May 15, 2010". I also like the Costco membership, especially since you know that they like it there and ask you to pick up stuff. MrsK also had some really good ideas about a family gift.
            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

This is another idea I've heard, but it was a gift given at the bridal shower--framing the wedding invite. I sort of wish I had done that with one of ours and I would have really enjoyed that as a gift.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I have to say- I loved getting new towels and stuff- it had been nearly a decade when I was remarried. Everyone likes new towels!

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                X