Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Paul Ryan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Ryan

Paul Ryan was announced today as the vp pick for the republican ticket. Any one shocked by this. Love him or hate him.

Personally he is much to conservative for me.
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

He's Catholic.
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Romney is in some serious shit when he has to chase down his base. Choosing Ryan as his VP was an effective move to boost the ticket's conservative bonafides. Which is all fine and good, but if Romney and his spokespeople can't stop with all the stupid gaffes, nothing will help the campaign.

Comment

Love Ryan. But, Romney could have picked a shaved, naked goat to run with him. I absolutely cannot stand Obama.

Comment

No idea who he is. Off to look him up
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Love Ryan. But, Romney could have picked a shaved, naked goat to run with him. I absolutely cannot stand Obama.
            OMG, that made me laugh so hard I spit coffee on my keyboard!!! I'll never look at a goat the same way again!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
              OMG, that made me laugh so hard I spit coffee on my keyboard!!! I'll never look at a goat the same way again!
              Seriously. As long as it was not Sarah Palin (yes, yes--there is a lot to admire about her...I am not anti-Palin...I am not a psychotic radical feminist who thinks that she the embodiment of all that is evil. I just find her to be incredibly grating and a third-rate intellectual who uses way too many fourth-grade words to convey basic arguments). I still would have voted for Romney, but I would have been super-pissed.

Comment

My entire family on both sides are Republicans except my Mom and I. So I can't say I'll be voting for them this round. At least Romney and Ryan are two good looking guys.
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

See, that's what I don't understand. If the conservative base is voting against Obama no matter what, why pick a running mate that boosts conservative votes? Why not choose someone closer to the middle that will sway left-leaning voters who are not entirely satisfied with Obama? By choosing a very conservative running mate, he alienates swing voters.
                  Last edited by MrsK; 08-11-2012, 05:04 PM.
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                    By choosing a very conservative running mate, he alienates swing voters.
                    There are very few swing voters this cycle. Whichever candidate rallies their base best will win the election and help down ballot candidates.

Comment

Well, I think (hope) this pick solidifies Florida for Obama. We are a Medicare loving place. I think it wasn't a good choice for Romney, but what do I know? I wasn't voting for him anyway, even if he had chosen Sven, a shaved goat, or me.

Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                        There are very few swing voters this cycle. Whichever candidate rallies their base best will win the election and help down ballot candidates.
                        Yep. It will be about who shows up.

Comment

I think he's a raging dbag (and so do most of the Wisconsinites I socialize with), but it's not like Romney was counting on my vote anyway.

But, one of my college roommates works for him, so it's fun seeing her name on everything. Haha
                          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Have you guys seen the CNN package on Paul Ryan shirtless yet? Because that's the most important thing being talked about him right now. LOL!

PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I'm perfectly content not seeing any politician unclothed. Is that what politics has become? *sigh*
                              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X