Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Prince Harry and the Taliban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Harry and the Taliban

Since the Taliban announced that one of their propiorities is the capture Prince Harry, do you think he should stay in Afghanistan or return home? Selfishly, I think he should return home. Knowing that my SIL will most likely be returning there this year, I don't want others there that will attract even more danger (if that is possible). Yes, I am being selfish here.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

I think if him being there puts his fellow troops in more danger then maybe he should be recalled. Most importantly, why in hell is this information even being released? For his safety and the safety of his fellow troops the location of his platoon should never be released.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
      I think if him being there puts his fellow troops in more danger then maybe he should be recalled. Most importantly, why in hell is this information even being released? For his safety and the safety of his fellow troops the location of his platoon should never be released.
      This! Say he's going back to service, great, but why say where??
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Maybe they figure that he'll get into less trouble in Afghanistan than in Vegas. He can't possibly play strip poker with drunk floozies in a tent in the hills outside Kabul.

Although someone should warn him: if he wants to sunbathe topless, there may be stalker-azzi hiding behind a rock with a telephoto lens.

Comment

I say go home.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I say (a) what bonehead thought it was a good idea to telegraph his assignment in the first place and (b) send him home or send him somewhere else. There are obvious risks inherent with the job but leaving him there puts him and his troop in an unnecessary amount of increased danger.
            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I thought the last time they deployed him they kept it a secret and recalled him when it was discovered he was over there? That approach seemed to make more sense to me.

I can only image what level of craziness would go down if something were to happen to him.
              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                !00% agree!

Comment

Unfortunately, while it's great to say that the location of his platoon should not be released, we've seen bigger secrets get found out. When Clark Gable served in WWII, Hitler offered sizable reward for his capture. It led to his unit having to work harder to protect him. While I admire Prince Harry's dedication, I think they should take him out of Afganistan.
                  -Deb
                  Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

The military has strongly defended this. They said he's in one of the most heavily populated and guarded bases and it's a suicide mission if anyone tries to go after him there. He's in no more danger than the rest of them at any one time and in a state of war the Taliban don't need an excuse like going after Harry to plan and organize an attack. They've invested money training him and they should let him serve his four month mission.
                    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                    X