Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Is the race really this close? Who do you think will win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michele View Post
    Wow. I thought some of the pre-election facebook chatter was bad..... Some "friends" just got mean and ugly.... Equal numbers of poor winners and sore losers though.....
    Mine. Too.

I've never defriended anyone on facebook before for any reason but tonight that record may change. I wish people would just pause for ONE second before they start typing. You might think vile and hateful things in the heat of the moment but you probably shouldn't spew them all over a public forum.
    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• I only posted one comment I question on FB tonight. My cousin implied that our dead grandmother was rolling in her grave - and I posted that I wasn't sure she would like Romney. That's not bad is it? I mean why should one grand kid get to invoke their grandmother as a supporter of their views if the other family members disagree? It's silly, but my grandmother was such a respected leader in our family and it really pissed me off that my cousin "claimed" her vote posthumously. Hope she doesn't unfriendly me!!
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• I've been attacked by Democrats multiple times for trying to calmly and without insult present the other side of things. The hate that has been spewed at me makes me sad for the party that they have jerks out there who make their argument irrelevant by using insults and hate to get their point across.
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

• I've been playing Lego Harry Potter all night and avoiding all media and Internet. I've just now logged back on and turned on the news. So far, my FB peeps have been pretty mellow, but that could just be because I've already set so many people to ignore...

Truly, there are assholes in every party. What sets the adults in the room apart is the ability to discuss and see another's point, even if they disagree. I respect the hell out of y'all, even though I frequently disagree with many of my favorite peeps here. I think listening to the respectful opinions of those with whom I disagree is actually a pretty cool gig and I appreciate you all.

Comment

• Concession speeches make me sad. I hate seeing anyone loose, even if I didn't want them to win. To pour so much of yourself into something for so long and not reach your goal is depressing to me no matter who it is (well I guess unless it's like Hitler, but according to most reasonable people Hitler wasn't running).
            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• Went to bed early because of a horrible day and woke up to the news of the win. It's 2:00 am. What a close race.

Comment

• Basically, our country is now more divided than ever. Does the Republican party realize that if they would have said they were leaving marriage rights to the states and/or abortion alone, Romney would have won? I think with it being this close that is a fairly obvious conclusion. I'd like a new, more socially liberal, fiscally conservative party. Neither party represents my views well, and there are so many people who feel the same way. I pray for our country that Obama's second term brings jobs.
                -Deb
                Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                  I'd like a new, more socially liberal, fiscally conservative party. Neither party represents my views well, and there are so many people who feel the same way. I pray for our country that Obama's second term brings jobs.
                  Yes.

Wife to PGY3
                  Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

• I think the pull to the right that's been going on for decades has reached it's limit. For me, I feel I HAVE to go more left than I actually am to counter it. The harder the Republicans pull right, the more I will try to balance with a move left -- and I'm a moderate! If the party wasn't pulling right, DH and I might well be in it today. As it is, they've made me become Democratic instead of independent.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

• I was just thinking about this last night - the fact that the 2 party system is no longer working for us as a nation. I would really like to see the rise of viable alternative parties, be it the Greens, Independents, Tea Party, or whatever.

I also am a social liberal and a fiscal conservative. I don't want to continue to fund things like welfare to the hilt, but I would like to see all marriage in our country deemed civil unions and leave marriage to churches.
                      Kris

Comment

• I agree on the marriage issue - actually, I think we should keep the term marriage for a marriage granted by our government but have church marriage be a separate event.

I think it's interesting that the solutions I hear most people discuss (flat tax, separating gov and church marriage) never get discussed on the floors of Congress. Wonder if we are ALL getting played with wedge issues these days.
                        Angie

Comment

• Ugh. My Facebook is filled with both sides calling the other ignorant, etc. What about politics turns people in to children? Doesn't anybody remember how to be a good sport?
                          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

• CP - nope, very few people are good sports these days.

Actually, the number one thing I would like to see is the end of riders on bills going through congress. And the existing bills should be simple, so that people with a high school education can read and understand them.
                            Kris

Comment

• I'm actually surprised how quiet mine was.

There are people waking up this morning feeling real anxiety and even some fear about the next 4 years. There are others waking up this morning feeling secure and confident about the next 4 years. There is also a large part of this country waking up not knowing what is going to happen, pretty sure that neither side can fix this because cooperation doesn't exist on either side. People who "lost" last night say they fear for their children, I fear for my children not because of who won or lost but because until ALL politicians in this country start taking care of their constituents and making decisions that actually help people, and corporations are not people, this country is going to continue to have major issues that are hard or impossible to fix.
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

• Kris,
                                Let's be honest. Until we have a population that can read beyond a sixth grade level, our laws should probably be written to that standard. Aren't we a country for the people and by the people anymore? It kills me that the ACA allowed our federal student loans be sold to a private bank (and no one seems to know this) and declared OB and Emergency Medicine unable to bill as primary care for primary care problems, even though cardiology can. Really? It's just an example of why a 1,000 page law about ANYTHING makes no sense.

Maybe my friends and acquaintances (and all of you are included in those two categories) are completely different than most of the country, but it seems pretty much everyone is fairly dissatisfied. I guess I have a couple friends who are VERY far right or VERY far left that may identify with the two parties, but not for the most part.

My sister and her husband own a small business, have been crushed under Obama, and got a text from her MIL gloating about how the WHOLE country sees her great way of thinking, blah, blah, blah. Poor girl is going to Thanksgiving at their house - I'd boycot. My personal thought is now we all need to get on board and hold our elected officials accountable for the promises they made during the campaign.
                                -Deb
                                Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                                X