Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Is this really controversial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was actually really sweet. And I'm kind of jealous that she has the flexibility in her career to have her little one with her to feed.

Comment

I agree with LSW.

Also, in the article, she wants to mandate breastfeeding?

F-U, lady. Glad everything is so easy for you with your team of stylists. I had one child that needed a mouth surgery, a z-frenuloplasty, because his tongue tie was so severe. His tongue muscles were atrophied in front and hypertrophied in back from compensating for not being able to move it out. My other child landed me in the hospital for IV antibiotics after persistent, recurrent bouts of mastitis. So, yeah, FU.

This type of "mommier than thou" thinking leads to greater guilt, depression, and feelings of worthlessness among us regular schlubs. I think it should be illegal to be such a self-centered biznatch, but whatever.

Post a pic of yourself before, and then stop the mommy wars. You vapid cow.

And, I'm jealous.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Not a huge fan of Mrs. Brady. IMHO, the snarky responses stem from more of the delusional thinking of celebrities that "They're just like us!". Ms. Paltrow gives us similarly fabulous style advice on how to rock the millionaire lifestyle. I heard that Ms. Julia Roberts gave an interview while baking kale in her Malibu ocean front mansion stating, "It is my privilege to cook three meals for my family a day". Yeah. We're just ALL in this together, sweetheart.

In a similar vein, I remember complaining about work/life balance during residency but then felt guilty about complainin because I earned a living wage and didn't work myself to physical exhaustion like some working kids before picking my kid up from daycare. My "stuff" was hard, but I damn well knew that there was much "harder" out there. It's all relative. Honestly, picking on Giselle is easy pickings. Truthfully, I think it would SUCK to have papparazi and everything scrutinized. I feel sorry for the Windsors, Bushes, Obamas of the world. I can't imagine that sort of scrutiny. Of course, some celebrities court such notoriety. Maybe Giselle is crazy smart because that the new thinking behind celebrity-dom is any news is good news. She's creating a place (job) for herself by being the woman to dislike. Move over Gwenyth, there is a new example of fabulosity in the world.
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I love you Kelly!!!!!!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Sorry for the lack of editing above. Posting on the fly (per usual)
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
              Move over Gwenyth, there is a new example of fabulosity in the world.
              Too funny!
              -Ladybug

Comment

Working...
              X