Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

DD and TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last I heard the whole cast doesn't want to do another season if duck guy isn't on it. THey have a new season already filmed and starting next month I think. I just wonder if this to spike interest in the show? Its not my thing. I don't even have A&E
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Have you all seen this flying around YouTube? Starting at around 3:04, the guy goes in to the transformation. Of these guys from previously yuppie white suburbanites to "rednecks" for the sake of the show. Interesting, and totally believable to me.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=s...eature%3Dshare

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
        Have you all seen this flying around YouTube? Starting at around 3:04, the guy goes in to the transformation. Of these guys from previously yuppie white suburbanites to "rednecks" for the sake of the show. Interesting, and totally believable to me.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=s...eature%3Dshare

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        Wow.... I had never seen that! I should have known. Gezzz. I'm loosing my edge.
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Wow, that video surprised me, too. I'd never seen "before" pictures.

As usual, I side with you guys. No one should have been surprised; he can say what he wants; they can employ whom they want.

What I find the saddest of all of this is that it creates another platform where Christians are loudly saying very un-Christian things. And I feel like many of my Christian friends have been deceived by false teachings if they believe this is how God wants us to act and think. Regardless of whether or not it's a sin, that man said some very mean and hurtful things about God's beloved children.

As Thirteen said, "There is nothing new under the sun." People (Fox News, I'm looking at you) are making a lot of money off of this new brand of "believers" who are actually preaching Satan's agenda of hate, cruelty, self-righteousness, love of money, and following the letter but not the heart of God's Law. This was happening by the Pharisees back in the days Jesus lived, and it's still happening today.

I'm not saying that I'm the kind of Christian who believes everything is permissible. I just see that there are only a very few, sometimes vague passages in the Bible that mention homosexuality, but there are a whole lot of very clear, direct quotes from Jesus and others teaching us to let God and the Holy Spirit handle judgement of others. We are charged with loving each other, providing for the poor, obeying the Spirit, etc. There are very specific instructions for how to confront a believer whom you believe is sinning, and Phil Robertson did not do it the biblical way.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Eh, that video just shows another side of stupid and another person devoid of class. The clean cut look is not hidden, the Robertsons have talked about it and shown the pictures on the show. They even said they used to grow beards for duck season and then shave but don't anymore because of the show. Nothing is hidden, it's a pretty open book. They talk about huge screw ups in their lives and the lives of their children. As far as his comments, he is a fundamentalist born again Christian, it's kinda how they talk (obviously not all but many). Anyone who is surprised hasn't been paying attention. Phil said he wanted off the show last year so I doubt he's too broken up about it .
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I have never seen the show, but I love what Lady M said.

Originally posted by ladymoreta;

What I find the saddest of all of this is that it creates another platform where Christians are loudly saying very un-Christian things. And I feel like many of my Christian friends have been deceived by false teachings if they believe this is how God wants us to act and think. Regardless of whether or not it's a sin, that man said some very mean and hurtful things about God's beloved children.

As Thirteen said, "There is nothing new under the sun." People (Fox News, I'm looking at you) are making a lot of money off of this new brand of "believers" who are actually preaching Satan's agenda of hate, cruelty, self-righteousness, love of money, and following the letter but not the heart of God's Law. This was happening by the Pharisees back in the days Jesus lived, and it's still happening today.

I'm not saying that I'm the kind of Christian who believes everything is permissible. I just see that there are only a very few, sometimes vague passages in the Bible that mention homosexuality, but there are a whole lot of very clear, direct quotes from Jesus and others teaching us to let God and the Holy Spirit handle judgement of others. We are charged with loving each other, providing for the poor, obeying the Spirit, etc. There are very specific instructions for how to confront a believer whom you believe is sinning, and Phil Robertson did not do it the biblical way.
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Rabbi Shmuley has a great opinion piece on this:

http://observer.com/2013/12/rabbi-sh...al-homophobia/
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Nice!
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                  X