Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pediatric neurosurgeon running for Oregon senate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pediatric neurosurgeon running for Oregon senate

One of DH's colleagues is running for Oregon senate, and she's all over our media. They oftentimes have mutual patients due to the nature of their work. I'll keep my personal opinions about her to myself, but wanted to share the article below about tethered cord surgery and the controversy around it, as well as a doctor running for senate. Thoughts?

http://www.oregonlive.com/health/ind...has_drawn.html
    Last edited by weeniegeniewife; 04-30-2014, 08:22 AM.
    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Link doesn't work, but I'm assuming it's Monica Wehby. Fabulous surgeon. Too bad she's a loon.

She operated on my niece (when niece was 6 months old) to correct her craniosynostosis.

Comment

I fixed the link.

She may be a great surgeon, but she is seriously lacking in people skills. Plus, she just doesn't like other women. It's mind-boggling how she thinks she can be a good senator for Oregon.

Comment

I haven't read the link yet, but I saw a commercial of hers on TV yesterday morning and OMG does she know how to pull at the heart strings. The commercial was all about how she saved this baby's life, and of course the hormonal pregnant woman I am, I was bawling by the end.
        Funny this is the commercial had 0% to do with her politics, so I still have no idea what her views are on the actual issues that matter. But she does know how to make good commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by weeniegeniewife View Post

She may be a great surgeon, but she is seriously lacking in people skills. Plus, she just doesn't like other women.
          So, basically, she's a female NSG.

Oooops. Did I say that out loud?

Comment

Originally posted by graymatterwife View Post
            so, basically, she's a female nsg.

Oooops. Did i say that out loud?
            lol!

Comment

Yeah, she's definitely a tool. I'll be shocked if her campaign goes anywhere.

Comment

I don't have any issues with docs running for political positions as long as they know what they're doing - playing off of their medical skills doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The fact that she's a great surgeon has nothing to do with being a politician.

There was a doc (Anesthesia I think) running for something here and some of our friends were big supporters of his and then it came out that a few years ago he had put patient images on his fb page and said some not so nice things - idiot!

So if you have the skills to be a politician and you also happen to be a doc - great, if not stick to doctoring IMO.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

B's family was talking about this a lot during our visit. Suffice to say, she won't be getting their vote.
                  wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

What about her politics bothers everyone?
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                      What about her politics bothers everyone?
                      Very socially conservative running for office in an EXCEPTIONALLY liberal area. It won't be pretty.

Comment

Maybe she and Wendy Davis should switch spots Might go better
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                          Very socially conservative running for office in an EXCEPTIONALLY liberal area. It won't be pretty.
                          Yep, this.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                            Maybe she and Wendy Davis should switch spots Might go better
                            Hahahahah
                            sigpic
                            buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

It would actually go MUCH better for both of their campaigns.

Comment

Working...
                              X