Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Anatomically correct doll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anatomically correct doll

http://krnb.com/kj-midday/2014/08/05...ith-male-doll/

Would you buy one? Do you find it offensive?

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'm actually surprised this doesn't already exist (or does it?). I don't find it offensive. I guess I can't really think of a reason I wouldn't buy it. But I'm not a parent, so..
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Heaven forbid kids know what human bodies look like!!!

I had an anatomically correct doll when I was a kid in the 80s. NBD.
      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Meh, not offensive but I also don't really find it necessary.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

My Granny had a boy and a girl one when I was little, so they're not new. I don't think it's that big of a deal, but my kids still bathe together, so they know what the opposite sex looks like naked already.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I'm surprised to discover that this is not something that I would buy. I'd like to think I'm a little more progressive than I actually am.
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'd buy it. In fact, I was looking for something like that at toys r us when I was expecting K2. I wanted to get a baby brother doll for K1 but couldn't find a single boy doll, anatomically correct or otherwise. We had to get a girl doll and dress it in K1's old clothes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

At this point, I wouldn't buy one, just because my kids are well beyond the age of baby dolls. Do I find the doll offensive? Nah. My kids have full access to my and DH's anatomy textbooks, and I've bought them their own "how the body works" book so they see photos that are far more "salacious" than the doll.

Comment

DH is a urologist. So despite having only female children so far, anatomy is discussed pretty frankly and they see him naked as well.
                  Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                  Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                    I'm surprised to discover that this is not something that I would buy. I'd like to think I'm a little more progressive than I actually am.
                    I don't think there's a standard conservative or progressive way to approach something like this. I'm sure there's a wide variety of opinions across the spectrum. FWIW, I'm pretty conservative and would have no problem with my girls having a doll like this. It would be a good way to start a conversation about gender differences if they ask questions.

Comment

Lol. I would totally buy it for DS right now. He's drowning in girls. At the family reunion this summer we did chalk outlines of people on the sidewalk, and DS went back and added an small stick between each persons legs. Every single person, regardless of gender, got a pink chalk appendage between their legs.
                      -Ladybug

Comment

I don't find it offensive, and I can see how it would be advantageous in some situations, but I probably wouldn't be in a hurry to buy one (or an anatomically correct female for that matter - though I'm sure E is going to get into hubby's textbooks at some point).
                        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

It would only be legit if it squirted you in the eye when you took off the diaper. Then it would be downright educational.

Angie
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Lol!
                            -Ladybug

Comment

Working...
                            X