Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Man buys every pie at BK to spite mother and child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man buys every pie at BK to spite mother and child

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/262168...te-noisy-child

Summary: Man asks woman behind him in line to quiet her child who wants pies, she says MYOB, he buys all the pies so the kid can't have any.

I agree that the kid was likely being unruly, and it's possible that the mother could have better disciplined him, but I also know that sometimes kids are kids, or that there may be other issues going on (ASD, other disorders). I think it was a jerk move on the guy, both saying something to the mother, and buying all of the pies. I should know better than to read the comments, but I'm surprised at how many people think he did a good thing.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

My kid is autistic. If he yelled "I want f---ing pie" I would have been dragging his butt right to the car.
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
      My kid is autistic. If he yelled "I want f---ing pie" I would have been dragging his butt right to the car.
      I like this response.

His purchasing of the pies kinda cracked me up...
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Love it!! No way in hell my kid would be getting anything acting like that, disability or not. And since when is yelling and cursing kids being kids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
            Love it!! No way in hell my kid would be getting anything acting like that, disability or not. And since when is yelling and cursing kids being kids?
            True - I just know I have a habit of judging other parents sometimes, and since having E, I'm realizing that some things are harder than they seem and I don't always know the whole story, so I'm trying not to judge so much.
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I'm not judging, I'm just saying I would have bought all the pies if I were in his shoes. If I were in the mom's shoes I would have dragging the kid back home.
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I'm still cracking up about him pulling out a pie and eating it in front of them.
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I'm not judging, I'm just saying I would have bought all the pies if I were in his shoes. If I were in the mom's shoes I would have dragging the kid back home.
                  Yes! I'm still trying to figure out what circumstance would make it ok for a child to act like that in public. I have three BTW. And hell, maybe I am judging. I'm not a fan of letting kids run shit. That kid should have been dragged out as soon as that behavior started.

Comment

First of all this originated on Reddit...

My take: It is awful that a child was allowed to act that way in public. Hopefully he will be better behaved when he grows up. So what's the adults excuse for his behavior? Sounds like a shitty little brat just grew up and decided to handle it with all of the smug irony my generation thinks is soooo cool.

DH's take: "Wow what an idiot. He just wasted so much money on pie."
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                      Let me be honest, this was my first thought after reading the summary of the
                      article. Lol

Comment

Burger King Pie at that!
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Sounds to me like all the adults were behaving badly. IDK the mom's point of view, how old her kid was, or what ever other variables may have been involved (not that his behaviour is excused but, really, we've all had bad days). Assuming that the man is describing her behaviour accurately, she was not stepping up to help her kid who was obviously distressed. But taunting the mom/kid with the pies, slowing down to eat them in front of the kid and whatnot, was bullying and immature. The man seems to be excusing himself because he had a headache and the BK staff was slow. He was having his own little tantrum. I think everyone involved needs to be grown ups, exhibit some self-regulation, and model polite behaviour.
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                            First of all this originated on Reddit...

My take: It is awful that a child was allowed to act that way in public. Hopefully he will be better behaved when he grows up. So what's the adults excuse for his behavior? Sounds like a shitty little brat just grew up and decided to handle it with all of the smug irony my generation thinks is soooo cool.

Exactly my thoughts, too. Kid may or may not have been a little fartknocker, but that adult is a dickwad with the maturity of an assy middle schooler.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                              Exactly my thoughts, too. Kid may or may not have been a little fartknocker, but that adult is a dickwad with the maturity of an assy middle schooler.
                              Yeah, that's what I meant to say.
                              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                              X