Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Choose one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choose one

Defend yourself!!

Green!!!!!

That's the difference in super early retirement and awesomeness and money we can make anyway.

Heidi
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

That is easy. One million. Then I would have hubby retire and decide what he really wants to do.

Comment

I'm not a gambler, I'd take the million. Wouldn't change things super drastically, but would mean we'd have no student loan debt, could pay cash for a house etc. At this point, it would make a huge difference in how much we could save and plan for retirement.

Comment

1 Million.

I never win when I play the odds ... ever .... well, unless it's of something funky bad happening.

I would take the 1 million, pay off our debts including our home and cabin, set aside $ for the kids for college and then save a little of what was left.

So ... how do I collect?
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I would go for green. At this point, we're 14.5 years out, all debt is paid off, we live well below our means, so with one million...we'd just put it in the bank and it wouldn't change a thing. 100 Million would be life changing, esp assuming no taxes are taken out. I'd be neck deep in financing animal rescue.

Comment

1 million...I am so risk averse. Both our brain-mortgages paid off and a little to spare? I'd be cool with that!

Comment

It depends. If the other person to have a 50% chance of winning the 100 million was a stranger, then I would take the sure bet.

If it was family or, say Vanquisher, I'd risk it because we have a pretty sweet lottery pact in place.
              Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                It depends. If the other person to have a 50% chance of winning the 100 million was a stranger, then I would take the sure bet.

If it was family or, say Vanquisher, I'd risk it because we have a pretty sweet lottery pact in place.
                I like the way you think!

Comment

Green! Having the crippling student loan debt off my mind would be a dream come true!
                  wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

$1 million. I'm so not a gambler and that would allow us to pay off our debts in cash and leave the rest to play and save...maybe a little more play than save.

Comment

$1 million. I could quit now
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

No question, I'd take the sure $1mil to pay off DH's student loans and our home.

Comment

Green! I'm not a gambler, but that's an easy choice.
                          With $1 million I'd just pay off loans and save the rest. With $100 million I'd upgrade our lifestyle in a major way.

Comment

The guaranteed money for sure!
                            -Ladybug

Comment

Definitely the $1 million! Paying off student loan debt would take such a huge burden off DH and give him freedom to pursue his career however he wants without having to worry about paying off debt. I'd put aside enough money to buy a house with cash in a few years, and then I'd buy a new couch that doesn't have fabric that splits at the very sight of a remotely sharp object.
                              Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

Working...
                              X