Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

2016 republican WH nominee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 republican WH nominee

Who is going to run?

Seems like all kinds of names are in the bucket.

Mott Romney again though, that seems crazy. I wonder how long until Donald trump does his normal craziness.
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

I thought Romney wasn't going to run again?

Comment

I saw something on some TV channel that said he may. I think that would be crazy
      Brandi
      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

It always amazes me that anyone falls for Trump's shenanigans. He'll never legitimately run because he'd have to disclose his financials.

I think Jeb Bush had been mentioned. I'm still kind of salty that we had to deal with Little Brother first. I don't agree with his stances on many things, but he at least doesn't give off the miasma of moron.

Comment

2016 republican WH nominee

Paul Ryan announced he wouldn't run this time.

Huckabee left Fox, so I think he's going to try.

I think Ben Carson will be running, too.

Comment

"miasma of moron", lol. Tucking that turn of phrase away for future use.

I'm intrigued by Ben Carson and wonder what it would be like having a physician in the White House. Dr. President?

Comment

I always thought Bobby Jindal had his head on straight. I hope Bill Richardson comes back in some incarnation - he'd fit better on the Republican ticket.
              Enabler of DW and 5 kids
              Let's go Mets!

Comment

Carson won't get past the primaries.

Comment

I feel like Jeb Bush is DOA just because of his last name (not saying that is wrong, it's just a reality I don't think they are facing)
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                    I feel like Jeb Bush is DOA just because of his last name (not saying that is wrong, it's just a reality I don't think they are facing)
                    I would normally agree 100%, but the breadth and depth of GOP candidates isn't fabulous.

Comment

I love Ben Carson. He's speaking at a homeschool convention next month. I was tempted to attend just to hear him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I really wish they would get someone that is less conservative on social issues. I can't even vote for someone once they become so rigid in beliefs. I am fine with tightening our "purse straps" I am fine with paying more taxes for early childhood and etc. I am not ok with religious beliefs imposing on everyone especially since everyone has the right to different religions.
                        I always fee like I am choosing between the one I like the most but not one I truly believe in. Wonder if it will ever change. I thought bush 3.0 was a bit more liberal than the others. Although by some in the party now bush 1 and 2 seem liberal.
                        I miss those republicans.
                        Brandi

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
                          I love Ben Carson. He's speaking at a homeschool convention next month. I was tempted to attend just to hear him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Me too!!!
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
                            I really wish they would get someone that is less conservative on social issues. I can't even vote for someone once they become so rigid in beliefs. I am fine with tightening our "purse straps" I am fine with paying more taxes for early childhood and etc. I am not ok with religious beliefs imposing on everyone especially since everyone has the right to different religions.
                            Totally. I feel like I can't vote for democrats who are fiscally irresponsible, and yet if I vote for the republicans they're going to come into office and repeal every piece of environmental legislation which has happened since Nixon.
                            There are a bunch of centrist parties springing up - I wonder if and when one of them will catch on.
                            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                            Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
                              I always fee like I am choosing between the one I like the most but not one I truly believe in. Wonder if it will ever change. I thought bush 3.0 was a bit more liberal than the others. Although by some in the party now bush 1 and 2 seem liberal.
                              I miss those republicans.
                              This, exactly. I heard on the news last night that the GOP is looking to move away from the moderate and towards the right with their 2016 candidate. If this is what comes to pass, then I won't vote Republican next November.

Christie is expected to throw his hat in the ring. I think, coming from fairly liberal NJ, he will be too moderate for those on the right in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Working...
                              X