Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How does the Republican Party need to change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the Republican Party need to change?

I'm sort of piggybacking this off of GrayMatterWife's post in another thread. I hope that's okay [MENTION=1247]GrayMatterWife[/MENTION]

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
    I am a registered (begrudging) Republican. ...I am super-sick of giving my vote away in an implied endorsement of the Republican party. I am tired of voting against a Dem instead of for a Rep. I think I probably would vote for a third party candidate, which is just as good as voting for Hillary. If the Reps run somebody worth my vote, I would vote for him/her.
    I'm actually a registered Democrat, but I haven't been voting Democrat. I've been voting either independent or Republican for a variety of reasons. I have some similar misgivings about the Republican party, and I'm up for a discussion on the Republican Party. I have several FB friends who are hard-core republicans who are calling for the party to become less moderate and go hard core Tea Party or they won't vote Republican in the General Election. I feel like the party needs to become more moderate in order for them to get my vote. Also, I'd like to see a female or minority candidate be on the ticket. I'm sick of lily white men.

What are some of the issues that you feel need to be changed?

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

The whole party needs to go away! Lol. Seriously, though, social policies.

Heidi
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

They could start with silencing Sarah Palin.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'd like to see members of both parties become less beholden to corporations.

GOP needs to stop the science denying. It's baffling and embarrassing. They need to get away from putting ignorance and incoherence on pedestals. Stop putting forth ridiculous people.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post

GOP needs to stop the science denying. It's baffling and embarrassing. They need to get away from putting ignorance and incoherence on pedestals. Stop putting forth ridiculous people.
          As always: What Wendy said.
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post

I kind of agree on all fronts.

I personally can't get behind either party right now.

Kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm actually not going to comment. have had too many bad experiences debating politics here. I did not mean for my other thread to start this--although I am not complaining--it is a perfectly valid discussion. I just don't want to be involved. But enjoy, if I inadvertently began an interesting discussion!

Comment

^ My thoughts too. I really hate the political threads. They never seem to end well and I don't feel like anyone's minds are ever changed all that much. I hate election season too. This past one was so much nicer without the news.
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

GOP is way to soft and mealy mouthed. If they got any more moderate they'd be democrats.
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

It is a social issue for me. I just can't vote for anyone who seems so far "off" of my views of the social issues.
                    Women's rights, climate change, gay marriage, income inequality, and I could go on.
                    Brandi
                    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X