Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hillary Clinton uses personal email address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary Clinton uses personal email address

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/03..._r=0&referrer=

Thoughts? Does this change your opinion of her one way or another?
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

https://www.facebook.com/Stonekettle...05510169484388
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I work for the federal judiciary. If I did that--sent work emails...possibly with confidential information in them...via a personal email address, I would be fired. Immediately. It is SUPER clear as a federal employee.

She clearly did this to avoid keeping records with the Government. Really, there is no big shock. The Clintons are hardly ethical people.

No one will care. Everyone who thinks she hung the moon will make a bunch of excuses for why she did this. People who can't stand her will be completely perplexed as to why no one cares. It won't change anyone's mind about anything. The Clintons will just get a pass so that we can all get on with her getting elected.

I agree with today's commentary from some talking head guy: She made it far more likely that the Chinese government could access her emails than her own government.

Comment

Wasn't the law that that forbade this passed 2 years after she left the position, though?

Comment

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...that-hi/202726

The New York Times accused Hillary Clinton of potentially violating federal law pertaining to the preservation of e-mail records while acting as Secretary of State, but requirements to maintain such records did not exist during her tenure.

Comment

It doesn't really change my opinion of her, but I don't really like her to begin with. She probably knew better and had some aim, but whatever.

I think this is pretty common, though. Apparently even the emails from our town's mayor are public record? A year or so again I was googling to figure out something about a nearby neighborhood and an email from her popped up in the search results. What was creepy is it was a totally mundane email about minor town business...written like a week before she apparently went nuts, shot her daughter, and killed herself.

That was a tangent.
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

This!

Heidi
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Whether it was technically illegal is not determinative of whether it was ethical or whether it showed poor judgment. It was always insecure to send emails this way compared to using the government's system, and it was always against the federal government's understanding that its employees would conduct official business--especially confidential business--on its highly secure email system, which also keep records of every single transmission. She didn't want the paper trail and so she took it upon herself to send emails through her private account. I have worked for the federal government a lot longer than HRC. And these types of efforts to hide official communications is a fire-able offense.

Just a Clinton being a Clinton. I am sure she will ignore it, assuming it will go away. And if it doesn't, she make up some "whatever 'is' is" rationale.

Like I said, I think people who like her will rationalize away her behavior and people who don't like her will just shrug--there a Clinton goes again...

Comment

I don't really like Hillary Clinton. This probably gets me thrown out of the liberal elite meetings , but she's never been my favorite. That said, I don't hate her. I don't think she's bad for America or any of that hooey. I'd just vote for another if given better options.

As to this, I think it shows that she isn't technically savvy and didn't think this through. I really feel like we need to make the leap to a "modern" leader. There aren't a lot of options in the Gen X pool due to lower numbers there and the Millenial gen is too young. But....the boomers. I just think they will never grasp the technical world we live in, the dangers we face from it and the new "rules" we need to follow.

So, not illegal, not evil, not sneaky. Just not savvy.

Sometimes I feel like this is all a plant and Hillary is not the heir apparent after all -- and a new candidate will emerge very late in the game with little or no competition in the Democratic field since she's kept everyone out. That's my conspiracy theory....

Angie
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Thoughts now that it's all over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

It's simply more evidence to show that she is unfit to be Commander and Chief. Not only is she unfit but she is reckless. She either had intent or she is a moron (I do not believe she is a moron), both make her unfit to lead our nation. I pray she is finally sent packing in November.
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post

Sometimes I feel like this is all a plant and Hillary is not the heir apparent after all -- and a new candidate will emerge very late in the game with little or no competition in the Democratic field since she's kept everyone out. That's my conspiracy theory....

Angie
                        Wouldnt that be hilarious. I'd enjoy that just to see her face
                        Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I think it's absurd that even with all her near-misses with the law, she's infinitely better than Trump. He couldn't just sit quietly and let the public focus on Clinton. No, he turns around and praises Saddam Hussein (after previously praising several other dictators). There's no way I can morally vote for either of them and ask our military to follow either of their commands.

In related news, my Gary Johnson bumper sticker shipped yesterday!
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                            I think it's absurd that even with all her near-misses with the law, she's infinitely better than Trump. He couldn't just sit quietly and let the public focus on Clinton. No, he turns around and praises Saddam Hussein (after previously praising several other dictators). There's no way I can morally vote for either of them and ask our military to follow either of their commands.

In related news, my Gary Johnson bumper sticker shipped yesterday!
                            Its going to be interesting to see how many people he draws in. I bet we see an even split of Rs and Ds voting for him.
                            Tara

Comment

Someone on the FiveThirtyEight podcast likened the FBI press conference this week to a Rorschach test, in that for most people this just reinforces what they already thought about Hillary. If you already thought she was crooked, you still think she's crooked. If you already liked her, you probably feel like this news is validation that she didn't break the law. I doubt this is going to wildly swing most people one way or another.

Comment

Working...
                              X