Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Vice presidential debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vice presidential debate

Whose watching? It's a mess.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I watched. Wished Kaine would've interrupted less and come across less rehearsed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rufflesanddots View Post
      I watched. Wished Kaine would've interrupted less and come across less rehearsed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
      Agreed. The whole thing was a mudslinging mess.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Kaine did come across as very rehearsed. Like sometimes his points were totally unrelated to the question bc you knew he had to get it in there.

Also the moderator was awful. She kept cutting them off and changing topics. Also, at one point she answered her own question about HRC's unpopularity. I don't like HRC but you need to let them answer. Also, there was a million polls she was quoting...isn't the point of the debates that it influences polls? Stop quoting them!
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Big loser? The moderator. Ugh.

Tim Kaine seemed like a hyper-scripted phony. And he incessantly interrupted, as if he was afraid of not being heard. Which was bizarre. He's not really like that. He's a skilled politician with good people skills. He's very popular in Virginia, a very purple state. I heard several commentators suggest that his goal was not to "win" or even to be liked, but to remind important segments of the base--women, minorities, etc.--that they should get out an vote. It was not expected that he "win" anyone knew, but stir the base. If that was his goal, my guess is that he accomplished that.

Pence was fine. Would you want to be him? For all the money in Fort Knox? Nope. But I thought he did a good job, all things considered. He seems like a level-headed, honest guy.

Comment

I couldn't understand a lot of what they were saying for all the interruptions. We finally just turned it off.
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
            X