Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Voter Fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voter Fraud

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I am not very well informed right now - but based on the bit I've heard... I am so annoyed that my tax dollars would be spent in any way on this. Again, I just got to the gym - which is usually the time I have to watch some news and read a little - but unless there is much more to this, this is a total waste of money.

Ohhh wait. It's apparently not just about the margin by which he won.... ok. So there are problems with our voting system. I get mail about requesting absentee ballots from MD and NY sent to my parents house every year. (Neither my legal address, nor the jurisdiction I reside and should vote in anymore). My grandfather- who has been dead since 1998, also still gets mail from the Democratic Party in NYC, and apparently is still on the voting rolls despite my mom actually making an effort once to have him removed. So there is stuff to clean up.

Is this super urgent? Meh. I'm not sure how bad the issue really is. I've never attempted to actually cast ballots in three different states. I have no idea if it's something that would be caught. Should there be a system in place to remove the deceased from voter rolls, yes. Is it possible that I ignored mail asking me whether my parents house is still my legal residence... maybe. I have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The part of me that acknowledges reality says "bring it on" and hopes it proves him wrong once and for all, but the part of me that knows what he is like suspects he is going to use this to suppress votes of people who oppose him.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Well since this started they uncovered that Bannon is registered in NY at his own address AND in FL at a friend's address.
        Kris

Comment

What is the actual issue? Is Trump concerned because he won the electoral vote but not the popular? Who cares? I could see the concern if he lost the election, but he won it, so...let's move on.

Editing to add - I mean asking Trump who cares and telling him to move on. Not those of you commenting on the topic.
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
            Is this super urgent? Meh. I'm not sure how bad the issue really is. I've never attempted to actually cast ballots in three different states. I have no idea if it's something that would be caught. Should there be a system in place to remove the deceased from voter rolls, yes. Is it possible that I ignored mail asking me whether my parents house is still my legal residence... maybe. I have no idea.
            I think it's pretty well established that voter fraud is rare and not particularly consequential, but that crying voter fraud is just a cover for establishing policies that suppress people's ability to exercise their right to vote.

https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/voter-fraud
            http://www.aauw.org/2016/11/04/voter...ction-concern/
            Alison

Comment

The claims of voter fraud are not verifiable. Unless Trump has inside information that nobody else (or at least, the public) does not have, he is just saying crap.

Comment

I think he's setting up for the next election, whether 2020 or midterms. If voters don't trust the electoral process, then there what can happen? I have one friend who is worried that there won't be an election in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                  I think it's pretty well established that voter fraud is rare and not particularly consequential, but that crying voter fraud is just a cover for establishing policies that suppress people's ability to exercise their right to vote.

https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/voter-fraud
                  http://www.aauw.org/2016/11/04/voter...ction-concern/
                  Ah - so funny... (to me only) I had totally forgotten about the brennan center! my legal writing instructor is the director there. I remember going over there for meeting with him frequently. Great guy.

Comment

I'm less concerned about voter fraud than I am about gerrymandering or repealing the electoral college. Because Trump is so thin skinned, he's tired of hearing that he lost the popular vote so he wants to somehow "prove" voter fraud occurred. I'm pissed off about my tax dollars being wasted on his ego. If there is indeed voter fraud and I could trust that the investigation would be unbiased with transparency then I might feel differently.

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

OK, let us have a re-do!!!!!!!!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

What about Jill Stein? How many times are we going to be dragged through this?
                        -Ladybug

Comment

The thing that bothers me about this the most is that being REGISTERED in more then one state is NOT illegal as long as you only vote once. One side is all up in arms because people are registered twice while the other side lies and says they aren't. Who cares?!?! How many states have I lived in? 5 How many times have I informed the moving state I need to cancel my registration? NONE! So this morning I got online to see if I'm still "registered"...in 3 states I was not on voter roles but in the last state I moved out of, almost FIVE years ago I'm still listed. It does say I would have to update my registration to vote but I'm still listed. So? It's a joke, it's yet another thing to appease the masses who aren't listening and to distract the ones that are.

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                            The thing that bothers me about this the most is that being REGISTERED in more then one state is NOT illegal as long as you only vote once. One side is all up in arms because people are registered twice while the other side lies and says they aren't. Who cares?!?! How many states have I lived in? 5 How many times have I informed the moving state I need to cancel my registration? NONE! So this morning I got online to see if I'm still "registered"...in 3 states I was not on voter roles but in the last state I moved out of, almost FIVE years ago I'm still listed. It does say I would have to update my registration to vote but I'm still listed. So? It's a joke, it's yet another thing to appease the masses who aren't listening and to distract the ones that are.

How do we check this?

Comment

Voter Fraud

Just google am I registered in X, it will give you a link for that state if they're electronic. I checked CO, CA, MN and OR. All were different but very easy and in some cases you needed your old address. My current state was not easy, hah!

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X