Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wall

Let's hear your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Err... I don't think it will ever be finished if he just starts building with whatever money was once allotted to it. I think starting it without support is a recipe for a total waste of money, and a partition, not a wall.

I think withholding the federal funding to sanctuary cities is a HUGE deal. It's more than enough for him start with (and I also don't support it. I think this is a really messy issue and it's too harsh to jump to this right now - again I'm not totally clear on what parts of the sanctuary cities' policies he plans on targeting, but I'm not offering my support at all right now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it's a huge waste of money, but overall one of the less scary things he could occupy himself with.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I'm not really sure a wall is going to solve any problems, but I am sure it will cost a lot of money.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

You know who can climb a wall? Anybody with the determination to get into the country. What wall is going to overcome human will? None.

Instead of spending a ba-jillion dollars building a wall, how about just enforcing the laws already on the books.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
            You know who can climb a wall? Anybody with the determination to get into the country. What wall is going to overcome human will? None.

Instead of spending a ba-jillion dollars building a wall, how about just enforcing the laws already on the books.
            But then he can't tweet a photo of the wall. 🙄

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Considering that people come in rafts over shark infested waters and rough seas from Cuba and Haiti, GMW is likely correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                I think it's a huge waste of money, but overall one of the less scary things he could occupy himself with.
                This made me laugh. I never thought of it that way. Agree that it is a huge waste of money.

Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Originally posted by civilspouse View Post
                  This made me laugh. I never thought of it that way. Agree that it is a huge waste of money.

Me neither. Great point! It would actually probably be good for the economy in my state. A few more construction jobs....

Comment

A far more effective use of the money that might be allocated to that fucking wall would be to instead invest in crumbling infrastructure projects. Good jobs with decent wages where they're actually fixing shit would go a LONG way.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                      A far more effective use of the money that might be allocated to that fucking wall would be to instead invest in crumbling infrastructure projects. Good jobs with decent wages where they're actually fixing shit would go a LONG way.
                      Um yeah. Far more effective uses of all of this money. This is all a little horrifying. I jokingly asked DH tonight if there was a limit on EO's.... and then we both laughed awkwardly. I think that needs to be considered....

Comment

Massive waste of money for a damn vanity project that will not solve any problem. Contrary to popular belief, Mexico is not the only or even the primary country undocumented immigrants come from.

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

We already have huge stretches of highly ineffective walls. And the current cost is about 3-4 million spent PER mile.

Agree on the infrastructure projects being a better use of funds!

Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Also, walls don't just keep people out. They keep people in. We've seen walls like this in the past. What if the purpose of the wall is not what he says?

Comment

I honestly hate the whole idea. Why aren't we building a wall with Canada? But I did manage to joke with myself that at least we could have a celebrity tear it down like they did in Berlin?

I'm more concerned ether the EO

wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

Working...
                              X