Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fear of authoritarianism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear of authoritarianism

Can I just say that Trump scares me to death. I am a conservative. I disagree with a lot of the liberal agenda, but Trump as a person scares me to death. Unfortunately he reminds me a lot of other authoritarian leaders in history. The state department has been decimated. All who disagree at all are gone. Trump has a skewed sense of reality. I do not think he knows he is lying. He sees everything through his distorted reality. He is attempting to gaslight the American people. There are so many things going on and making news, and I fear that the real machinations behind the scenes are going unnoticed. It will be interesting when I restudy the rise of Hitler and/or Stalin how the techniques will be similar. I already see a lot of similarities to Animal Farm.

Now is the true test of our American democracy. Will our checks and balances work? Or will they fail like they did under Andrew Jackson's administration? ( I think Trump is A LOT like Andrew Jackson.) He ordered the Trail of Tears. When the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the Cherokees, he told John Marshall to let him enforce his decision and completely ignored him. I can so see Trump doing something similar. I don't know. I hope that today with technology, it might help to make him more accountable and not make it worse. But I am not sure.

Still praying that he is gone before the year is over.

I'm feeling the same. Also very concerned about Bannon's influence.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I totally agree with you. He scares me. I actually woke up in the middle of the night last night fretting over his recent actions.

It's refreshing to hear this from someone with a conservative perspective.
      Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

I had a nightmare that our house was burning down due to wildfires and the only place that we could go was a Mosque. Thank goodness they took us in, but I felt so ashamed being an American. 😔

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

That's quite the dream, MDPHD. How beautiful that you found refuge in a mosque. I've been having political dreams too, but not so pointed. I've recently been trying to spend just enough, but not too much time reading about politics.
          Last edited by MAPPLEBUM; 02-04-2017, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X