Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Speech

So, what did everyone think?

I think on a scale of 1-10, I'd give the performance a 7.5 but I'd give the content a 9.

He's not a speaker like Clinton or Reagan, but really, that's a unique skill that not many politicians have. (Really do like Barrack Obama though, he'll do well in the future!)

I thought it was good that Kerry didn't try to be anyone other than who he is- he didn't try to be funny or dumb-down the speech (too much). He's a serious man with some major-league serious things to say and I thought as a whole he did a very nice job.

It's going to be interesting to see how the Bushies answer Kerry's call for civility in the campaign.

Jenn

No fair...you started the thread that I was going to start. Jenn, I've not been a big Kerry fan, but I have to say that I thought his speech was excellent. I would have given it an 8.5 for the speech and 9.5 for content. I was impressed. He seemed to have relaxed and for the first time I was able to 'see' him as president.

I don't think it matters as much that he doesn't have the 'charisma' of Clinton. After all, I don't pick my doctor based on his/her bedside manner alone...at the end of the day, competence is most important.

I gave it a two thumbs up...

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'd score it exactly the same as Kris, numbers-wise. I cried during some parts of it, as he said exactly the things I'd been thinking. I'm waiting for my Zogby email so I can tell them what I thought.

Comment

I don't get ABC (darned broken rabbit ears) but I've read nearly half the transcript of the speech. I think by the content that he's got what it takes but I want to download a video because it's really oration that helps bolster a presidential campaign.

The Bush campaign has done a 180 and their current declared campaign tactics involve no smears and just laying out a "four-year plan" per CNN.
        Alison

Comment

The speech went well I think and I agree with previous posts that he is not as charismatic as Regan or Clinton but he is who he is right?

I think this election is unfortunately going to get nastier in the future but I hope it doesn't!

So I admit I am really out of it sometimes with current issues but I must say I was completely engrossed in Barrack Obama's speech and kept thinking "this guys has "IT!" What a magnificant speaker. I read a bit about him after I saw the speech and think the country will be seeing more of him down the line!
          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava
            I cried during some parts of it

OK, wiping the tears from my eyes. Oh wait, I'm not done:

Comment

You've been hanging around the everyone forum too long....
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
              X