Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Political Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Poll

Where do you stand politically. These are just general categories...
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I clicked Democrat because that's how I've been voting lately, but I'm technically not affiliated and my views most strongly resemble the platform of the Green party...
    Alison

Comment

I'm registered as an independent. I know it makes me less able to participate politically since I can't vote in the primaries, but I really don't like aligning myself with a party. I selected Democratic, but I reserve the right to choose differently at each election . My social views tend to be Democratic, but I see some logic to the libertarian party. It is sad that voting outside the two main parties doesn't usually get you anything in major elections. Maybe that will change as more people get fed up with partisan politics.

Angie
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I selected Republican-- I'm fairly conservative on economic issues, but I'm liberal with a lot (but not all) social issues. I also like a lot of libertarian ideas, but I don't think they're practical for this country as a whole.

Comment

This was hard for me to choose. I believe in a small, nonintrusive government which is fiscally conservative and cultivates foreign diplomacy, tenets which would tend to suggest "Republican". On the other hand, I hold some ideas which could be considered fairly liberal in regards to domestic social policy, which would tend to suggest "Democrat". In the end, I clicked "libertarian" because I believe in a populist government and the protection of personal liberties. As I write this, however, I'm not sure this is an appropriate characterization. Perhaps "None of the above" fits best.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I dislike the two major party system as well, but the smaller groups are making inroads in to local and state politics. That's how it's going to have to start. Honestly, I'm a little bit of everything but because there's really only two to choose from on a National level, I'll go with the one that reflects the majority of my preferences- which will come as a surprise to noone- Democratic.

You know, what bothers me more than having to pick from only two options, is the fact that no one bothers to vote. Now THAT pisses me off even more the W does. (and that's saying something!) I find that appalling- even if the choices were horrible, it's still a person's responsibility as an American citizen to vote- and to change the system if they don't like it.

Sorry, too much wine last night and my head hurts and I'm pissy. I'm climbing down from the soapbox now.

Jenn

Comment

Democratic, definitely left of liberal here!! Surprised anyone?
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I chose Democrat only because that's how I voted in the last few elections and will likely vote this fall. I understand what Kelly is saying -- socially, I am very liberal but in other areas (trade, unions, spending, etc) more conservative.

Comment

I've always been a registered Independent (except for that time when I was a registered Republican), but I'm now convinced I was always a Democrat; the party that beat the Depression, won two world wars, cut elderly poverty by two-thirds, and is responsible for the greatest periods of economic growth since World War II.

Comment

I'm still a registered Democrat, though over the years I've noticed that my views have become very conservative. I have never liked the label "conservative" as it seems to have a negative connotation(for me anyways...to me it means old and stuffy).

I think the main gist of my political leanings are that I think the government should butt out of most things.

Comment

Working...
                    X