Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Where are the conservatives/republicans/libertarians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the conservatives/republicans/libertarians?

This is a valid question...and unfortunately, Sally (our most vocal republican) is on vacation....but where are you guys? One of the valid complaints about these forums is that they are dominated by us 'liberals'. So...speak up...where are you guys?

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'm a libertarian (with a small 'l' - I wouldn't associate myself with the Libertarian party), but I'd hate to be lumped in with the conservatives and republicans these days.
    I mean, theoretically, libertarians are all for civil liberties, right? Which is one of the biggest problems that many dems have with W, afaik.
    btw, just saw the movie "rushmore" last night - really enjoyed it!
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

Comment

Well, a valid criticism of these forums is that the liberal viewpoint is overexpressed....I guess I am just wondering why the conservatives choose to be so quiet.

Comment

I consider myself to be libertarian, but I'm not very vocal because I'm a crappy writer. Maybe I should forewarn everyone and just jump in to the discussions

Comment

Jump right in, Chris...we want to mix things up in here...not just pat ourselves on the back for agreeing with each other 8)

Comment

I consider myself conservative on many, but not all, issues. However, I generally dislike political debates. I don't get into them with my friends and it's not why I come to this board. Another thing is that I don't have a lot of time to write the well-thought-out arguments that debates require.

I like that we have the option to debate here, but rarely will I participate.

Comment

Here I am!!! Definitely Conservative/Republican, AND (dare I say it???) an avid Bush supporter! I'm not sure why I haven't joined in - a lot of it probably the same as above posts, I don't delve a lot into politics to begin with and don't want to come off as a half-mined twit.

There are actually a lot of liberal/democratic ideals that I can agree with, but many more that I highly disagree with.

I will try to jump in more and pay more attention to the debates/political discussions in the future so that I can give some perspective from the "other side of the spectrum".

Take care and have a great day!! See you on the boards!

Jen B.

Comment

Woohoo...a conservative republican! Look forward to your contributions!!!

Comment

Here I am!!! Definitely Conservative/Republican, AND (dare I say it???) an avid Bush supporter!

Thank God!

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                  X