Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The poor men in Iraq!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The poor men in Iraq!

All politics aside, the beheadings are the most horrible thing I have ever heard of. I can't even stand to see the pictures of these poor men on the news....and I cried when I heard about how the British man has been pleading for his life.

I don't know what the right answer to this is, and I don't want to start any kind of a political thread over it...this just upsets me so much. Why does the media have to also tell us how these poor people screamed while they were dying, etc? It is so upsetting!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I have been haunted by this as well. I don't understand why they can't be rescued. Their poor families......I can't stop thinking about it, especially at night.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

It is just awful, awful, awful. Hard enough to lose a loved one but the means just makes it a billion times worse.
      I agree, Sally -- I wonder if there is just some way to find them. I think I have become accustomed to the US being able to intervene like that -- last minute rescues and that sort of thing.

Comment

I'm also very troubled by it. My daughter Caroline dated Mike her senior year of High School and he has now been in Iraq for a year. He is supposed to come home in November and I'm thinking of kidnapping him so that he cannot go back.
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Beheading is an extremely effective way to get your message across though. Remember, the extremists are trying to freak people out as a means of getting their way. Not that it lessens the individual impact each one has on all of us, though.

We now have 1) Rick's nephew 2) two residency friends and 3) one medical school friend all in Iraq. That's two Navy and two Army, for those who might be interested. The nephew in the Air Force is currently in Sally's neck of the woods but it wouldn't surprise me if he's next.

Jenn

Comment

I can't shake those images of those poor guys. My heart breaks for their families. My dad told me when he and my mom were flying a week or so ago they sat next to a girl on the plan (a soldier) who was headed back to Iraq and she was crying on the plane because she didn't want to go. I've been thinking about that girl all day and will always wonder whether or not she will end up making it home. I don't know anybody personally that is over there but I still feel so sad everytime I hear about another death.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
            X