Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Verdict?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verdict?

So spill it...what did you think about the debates? Who do you think 'won' this first round?
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

ummm. I asked DH this question (we will be voting for opposite candidates) and we agreed that they are both losers and proceeded to make fun of our candidate of choice. How sad is that? What are thinking people to do?

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Well, I didn't watch because I just have enough stress in my life right now. No need to pop anything.
      One, I can't stand to watch George W speak. It hurts. As Tucker Carlson said, "(watching Bush speak)....is like watching a drunk man cross an icy road." Yup. Painful.
      Two, I was afraid Kerry might make an ass of himself and I still have to vote for the guy, right?
      Horse tranquilizers wouldn't have quite cut it. So I can't answer the poll.

Comment

Okay, I will be honest and say that from a speaking perspective, Kerry won hands down. He is a much better speaker than Bush, which I already knew before the debates.

"(watching Bush speak)....is like watching a drunk man cross an icy road."
        It is painful watching him. I cringe for the man.

I also believe (and have said before) that there is something inherently wrong with someone who is running the country to be also campaigning at the same time. No way you can do both things well.

I still won't vote for Kerry and his malpractice case-loving running mate.

I did learn one thing......Bush said several times that Kerry (and the rest of Congress, apparently) had access to the same intelligence that Bush did when the decision was made to go into Iraq. I know that GWB made that assertion, but it was definitely not refuted by Kerry. I didn't know that all of that intelligence was available to everyone.

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Interesting point Sally. I noticed that comment too. It came up several times. It made me wonder what the REAL story behind this war is -- I can't help but feel that there is a lot of info/intel/behind the scenes stuff going on. I guess I'll have to wait for the tell all book in 40 years . I hope I'm still around.

I thought Kerry won and I support him. I too am not crazy about the idea of a malpractice lawyer as VP or <<GASP>> president someday. Right now, it seems impossible to find a candidate I like in most areas--I just pick my most important issues, vote according to them and hope the other things don't get too screwed up by crazy policies. So this year, I'm going with foreign policy and the environment. I'm a little worried about the tax code and healthcare.....

At this point politically I don't care who anyone votes for, I just want everyone to VOTE!!!! I think we need some massive participation in the political process for the next few years. I'm tired of government being of corporations/special interests instead of of the people, by the people and for the people. We seriously need to wake up our leaders to the interests of the individual--not just voting blocks. I'm ready to join some political cause just to feel like I matter again.

Angie
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Honestly, I didn't watch the debates. But I think I have seen the whole thing in bits and pieces from all the news coverage that has been spawned off following it.
            I will not vote for Kerry. The PLI issue is huge in nearly every state and it is obvious the angle taken by the Kerry/Edwards ticket.
            I don't agree with everything W stands for either, but at least I will know that I didn't put a pair in office that made money by suing OB's for "causing" children to be born with CP.

Comment

And being knee-deep in Halliburton and deciding US energy policy in closed door meetings with the Big energy giants (corporations) is better?

sorry...I can't help myself.

I'm not familiar with all of Edward's cases, but I do know that he didn't simply sue over CP...He sued insurance companies and HMO's to demand treatment for children as well. He dealt also with injuries that were not medically related...like the little girl and the defective swimming pool pump. I know that if one of my children was severely injured that I would indeed want a good trial lawyer though. Certainly, there is a need for medical liability reform...of course, there is also a need to prevent Halliburton from operating foreign subsidiaries, not having to pay taxes in the US on money that they earn there, being able to dictate our energy policy, and having a monopoly on the contracts in Iraq.
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
              X