Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Didn't know I was unamerican...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't know I was unamerican...

I think this is great...

unamerican
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Crap, I can't see it. Frickin computer.

Comment

I can't either.

Although Nathan has turned on our keyboard (next to the computer) and is playing a dance loop at top volume, so now is probably not a great time to try to watch it, either.

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

http://somafm.com/unamerican/unamerican56.swf

that's the direct link.

Comment

I guess I'm unamerican too!

It makes me ill to think of all the funds spent on this war that could have been spent on other things.

AND WHERE IS OSAMA????? He was/is the real threat!!!

Comment

I corrected the original link. It wasn't working. This is just such a fabulous movie/song...regardless of where you stand politically.

kris

Comment

Very well done movie/song.

The propaganda machine is alive and well on BOTH sides, but the liberal side gets a lot more play......wonder why that is? Couldn't be because there is indeed a liberal media, could it?

Also, I was just reading about Saddam in Time Magazine. I have always wondered this.....if he didn't have the WMD, (which obviously, he didn't) then why the hell was he stiff-arming the inspectors and acting coy about what he had/didn't have? The answer, according to Time, is that he was concerned about his "legacy" and wanted to make sure he was perceived as powerful (which to him = having WMD) even though he didn't. So yeah, he fooled us, (and many of the Democrats, btw, including John Kerry) but he could have saved his country a lot of bloodshed if he would have dropped the act. HIS fault, not ours. Our leaders are charged with protecting us, something they went in to overdrive to do after 9-11. So if a known offender starts intimating that he is still dangerous, what are we supposed to do? And don't think for a minute that Saddam wouldn't have re-armed later.......he would have.

AND btw, many children in Iraq are today being educated and fed that were not prior to the war. (Afghanistan, too.)

The money that has been spent on this war was earmarked for defense. It was not stolen from money that was supposed to have been spent elsewhere, as the movie would have you think. If you disagree with the way our country apportions its spending, (I do!) that's fine, but let's not compare apples to oranges.

I do not believe that protesters are un-American.....they are exercising their freedom to the hilt, and they should. Children protesting make for poignant pictures, but they don't change my mind.......they are being used by their parents to make a point.

Now that it has been shown that there are no WMDs in Iraq, I wouldn't have been in favor of the war there. I do believe that W had a chip on his shoulder against Saddam, and I imagine I would have also, if my father had been personally threatened. I also feel that HW (41) backed down from taking Saddam down in the first Gulf War to appease the liberals, and countless more atrocities were committed because of that decision. I am glad that Saddam is out of power......I wish there had been more troops on the ground there initially so that the Iraqi soldiers who ran away could have been caught and wouldn't be able to be working as insurgents at this point.

Okay, that is enough ranting for now. I have been favorably impressed with Kerry as I have watched the debates. I like him LOTS better than I liked Clinton. He seems like a good guy, but he does not approach the issues in a way that I am comfortable with. I can't stand Edwards. I still like Bush, although his feisty attitude is getting a little old. By the way, I have a couple of books to recommend to the liberals, if you have time to read them.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Hey, Sally...what do you think about Sinclair group's decision to interrupt over 30 channels in the swing states during prime time to present the movie "dishonorable service" the week before the elections? The stations don't have a choice and programming is supposed to be interrupted for this. Can you imagine if a major corporate conglomeration decided to interrupt prime-time shows to air a 60-90 minute documentary next week about Bush's cocaine use and DUI arrest?

Liberal media bias? hmmmmm...I think there is spin on both sides...for the conservative spin see Fox News...for the libereal spin MSNBC or CNN. But the radio waves are saturated with conservative media.

:!

kris

Comment

I loved that--I'm forwarding that one on (something I rarely do).
                  I'm not so sure about the liberal media spin as well, though I know conservtives sure like to tout that. I think it also depends on which network you watch. My conservative Republican brother-in-law watches nothing but Fox, while I'm usually glued to MSNBC (especiallly Hardball).
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I liked it and forwarded it
                    Luanne
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                    X