Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Official thread of mourning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official thread of mourning...

Grieve here..

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Too depressed to speak. Will post later, if still in the country

Angie
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

must....go....fill...prozac...prescription :thud:
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Bleh.

:| :disappointed: :titanic:
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Totally depressed. Wearing black armband.
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Moving. anywhere but here. Am too embarrassed to admit that I'm an American to strangers, so have started to perfect ending all sentences, with "eh"? and now must research Canadian hockey.

The only other option is to start injecting heroin and smoking crack because apparently that's what the other half of the country is doing....

Hell, my grandmother was born in Canada- I think it's time my people go home...

Jenn

Comment

Yes, I am injecting and puffing away on my crack pipe as I read this, Jenn.

Don't move away! You are part of what is best about America!

(And so am I.)

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Well, I almost put in a disclaimer, "except for Sally because I've met her and she didn't have visible track marks, nor a bloody nose."

J.
                and, yes, we are what make this country great. I am just not feeling so great about this country.

Comment

Feeling crappy. At times I forget why and then when I stop to figure out why I'm in such a crappy mood.....oh yeah, another 4 years of Bush!
                  My dad and I were having a conversation earlier today and we were wondering if we do in fact live in an alternate universe since we just don't get it!
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I'll join in the grieving... I can't even begin to think what the next 4 years will bring. :disappointed:
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

(edited to fix emoticon. Wrong one!)
                      Ok, I wasnt' terribly surprised, just disappointed. We'll see what the next four years are like. Specifically the next two until there is another round of House elections.

Comment

:survivor: I have to get through the next four years! We are fishes out of water in our community! I was with a bunch of moms at a playgroup from our neighborhood (most of them I don't know from Adam) when the election was called. A woman got a call on her cell phone letting her know Bush won. Everyone started screaming and jumping for joy. I had no idea our state is historically Republican and never thought about our community being Bush Lovers! My neighbors filled me in!

Needs

Comment

Working...
                        X