Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presidential election 2008:

Hillary Clinton vs Condaleeza Rice

What do you think? Who would be their running mates?

I can't wait to see what really happens, but I would personally go all out for Hillary.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Oh man, I think both those nominations would be huge mistakes for their respective parties. That would be one trippy election--probably some third-party candidate would recognize the huge window of opportunity and jump right in there and then it would really get crazy.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I'm still hoping there is some mysterious dark horse candidate that will come sweeping out of the darkness and lead our country to ....glory? Or at least unity . I'm honestly not crazy about either. I'd probably choose Hilary --but only because I think Condi has more political faults. When are we ever going to get an election that doesn't feel like choosing the lesser of two evils? So- Luanne--give me your Hilary pitch. Tell me why she's the one. (And anyone else out there on the Condi side, tell me your pitch, too.) Somehow, I always seem to focus on the negatives.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Julie-- You nailed it while I was posting. I'd probably be voting for that third party candidate. Maybe you should run ....
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Julie for President!
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I actually like Clinton a lot and would be happy to vote for her again as my senator. I would actually like to see her become president, but I think her chances of winning a nationwide election are miniscule, especially in the current climate, and therefore dems would be pretty thick to put her up (what are we, gluttons for losing now?). She may well be the best candidate, but it doesn't matter if she can't win.

And with Rice I think if you add up all the people who can't stand her political views, plus all the people who aren't ready for a black president, plus all the people who aren't ready for a woman president, she doesn't stand much chance nationally either.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”

Comment

gawd help us, I think Rudi Guiliani will be seriously brought up as a candidate/running mate in 08.
              Enabler of DW and 5 kids
              Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by migirl
                Julie for President!
                Yeah, "where are we all going, and why are we in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead
                  gawd help us, I think Rudi Guiliani will be seriously brought up as a candidate/running mate in 08.
                  I can sort of picture him stepping up in the event of a sitting president being killed, and therefore can kind of see him as a VP (I mean the guy's good in a crisis) but I'd hate to see him in charge. People forget what a harsh mayor he was. He cracked down on some stuff that improved quality of life in the city, I think, but I think Bloomberg, for example, has been able to do just as well on those issues without making everyone blanche at the treatment of the homeless or police/community relations, etc.

Plus I have to believe the Christian right would not be onboard with his unorthodox personal life, and can you get the republican nomination without the Christian right right now? I dunno.

Comment

It seems that for every person who loves Hillary Clinton, there is someone who hates her just as much. If she were able to win the election, I think her term would be mired in constant controversy and it would be really distracting. I haven't given Condi Rice a lot of thought.

I'm still hoping there is some mysterious dark horse candidate that will come sweeping out of the darkness and lead our country to ....glory?
                    I agree completely! I wonder if McCain will give it another shot; of course, the religious right is already starting to slam him. Maybe the dems can come up with decent candidate or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
                      I can sort of picture him stepping up in the event of a sitting president being killed
                      hmmmmmmm 8)
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I have to say...I think Hillary is very bright...and at least she comes to the table with detailed ideas/solutions to problems instead of just sending out messengers who holler "eeek, socialized medicine".

I would vote for her 1. because I think she is bright and capable of doing a lot of good for the country 2. Because she is a woman (and this country is long overdue for a female president) and 3. because...I want to see Bill as the first man.

kris
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I just want to see Bill.

I'm still hot for the guy...

Jenn

Comment

I think our first minority president will be a Republican Protestant 3rd or 4th generation Mexican American man.

Comment

Hmmm,

I think that our first minority president WON'T be:

female
                              black
                              asian
                              orthodox anything (Jewish, Muslim, Catholic)
                              Mormon
                              From the northern states (the south really did rise again...)
                              second generation immigrant (mom and dad have to be understood by the idiots at Fox news)
                              Agnostic or aetheist
                              childless
                              may be divorced but only once, a long long time ago and ex-spouse is either dead, gay, or completly supportive and will be interviewed by People magazine saying so...
                              a military man
                              a journalist
                              a Federal career politician (local and state only- only as high as Governor)

and that's just off the top of my head!

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                              X