Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Missing Girl in Aruba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
    Did the judge come clean with something? I haven't been watching.
    I don't know...I just assumed (bad me!) that he must know something since he was arrested too.

About the kids in the trunk....a woman at Costco told me yesterday that the car was a favorite place for them to play. (I don't know if that is true....but very very sad).

Comment

He was released over the weekend...and apparently someone else was released as well (no evidence to hold them any longer)

kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

My theory is that the young guy was messing around with the girl on the beach, accidentally on purpose killed her, went to dear old dad and dad helped him dispose of the body.

As far as the kids found dead in the trunk--that is tragic! I only heard about it after they were found dead and was irritated that it was so under-reported. The photo of the father after finding them about broke my heart. It seems very true that the public cares less about minorities or people of low socioeconomic status who go missing than the pretty, blonde honors student.
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

There was an episode of CSI one time with a pretty All-American victim. When they discovered the body, all these reporters and rescuers went nuts. One character says to the other "Why are there so many rescuers here this time?" and the other replies " It's not every day they get to rescue a princess." I think will still have that fairy tale in our heads. When the news turns some story into that basic tale, we react. It's easy for them to do with a young pretty girl missing in a foreign country. I haven't had the news on much lately (my TV is put away for summer ), but I imagine the news organizations build up the stories that people are watching. The more you watch, the more you want to know what happened ... and the more you watch. I saw the item about the NJ kids in the paper in a tiny paragraph--I was surprised I hadn't seen anything before. How fast did that story unfold? I really haven't seen that much on the Aruba case in the paper day to day here. The fact that it is unresolved just leaves it open for the media to milk it for ratings. Is it more of a TV thing? Is that because of the visuals available? (I'm very cynical about the news media these days. It's more story production than reporting IMHO.)
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
          X