Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

FEMA director Brown is removed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEMA director Brown is removed.

About freaking time! What the H - E - double hockey sticks took so long?

I guess that pretty much sums up the whole thing. What is taking so long?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

He's gonna be a great scapegoat for the whole thing - yeah he was an incompetent manager, but he should not bear ultimate and complete accountability. Though rest assured that a Bush-led inquiry will not conclue that any fault lies in the Executive Branch. Kind of like saying Lyndie England is responsible for all prisoner abuse, and then appoint the actual responsible parties to be attorney general (or worse yet, supreme court justice!)
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

Comment

I never said he was solely to blame. On the contrary, I think there is plenty of blame to go around.

I think the Executive Branch is in the bullseye in the target of blame, Brown is just one of the outliers.

He still did a really crappy job, and was totally incompetent, and should have been removed a week ago.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I didn't mean to imply you were saying the whole thing was his fault.
        Anyway, they didn't even fire him, right? They just removed him from heading up the Katrina effort.
        <expletive deleted>
        I'm seeing more and more of those bumper stickers saying "if you're not outraged then you're not paying attention"
        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
        Let's go Mets!

Comment

FEMA is part of Homeland Security. IF HS didnt' check HIS resume, can you imgaine...?

Comment

Originally posted by Arborea
            IF HS didnt' check HIS resume, can you imgaine...?
            Good point

Brown also falsified much of his resume ... Here are just 2 of the many lies on his resume

"Under the "honors and awards" section of his profile at FindLaw.com — which is information on the legal website provided by lawyers or their offices—he lists "Outstanding Political Science Professor, Central State University". However, Brown "wasn't a professor here, he was only a student here," says Charles Johnson, News Bureau Director in the University Relations office at the University of Central Oklahoma (formerly named Central State University).

Under the heading of "Professional Associations and Memberships" on FindLaw, Brown states that from 1983 to the present he has been director of the Oklahoma Christian Home, a nursing home in Edmond. However, a veteran employee at the center since 1981 says Brown "was never director here, was never on the board of directors, was never executive director. He was never here in any capacity. I never heard his name mentioned here."

Comment

Brown may become a scape-goat for FEMA's mistakes but I wonder who is going to call for the resignation of Louisiana's governor or New Orlean's mayor - both of whom screwed up BIG TIME? An enormous reason there were so many problems getting help to those who needed it were the mistakes made on the local and state level. FEMA should be held accountable for the mistakes made on that level, but we also need to see some accountability on the awful management on the part of the state and local governments.

Jennifer
              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
              With fingernails that shine like justice
              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
              X