Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Soooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jenn,

I'm 100% in agreement with you on the emminent domain thing. What the F? Someone needs to rechallenge the case. (of course, I think it's hilarious that people are trying to get Souter's property through emminent domain...)

Jenn

Comment

I thought the eminent domain decision sucked. I'm sure there is a more eloquent way to say it but that sums it up for me. And that quiz thingy tells me I'm a liberal!
      I hope that issue gets heard again and decided differently, esp in a case when the property is not blighted. This issue is a little personal for me as a family member dealt with a possibility of a city taking property under eminent domain. Didn't happen but the money spent on lawyers, appraisers etc because the city might take the property and potentially harm a very viable business gets me.... .

Just to clarify -- I think it is great to have women justices, would be great to have a woman president, more senators, etc but I can't honestly believe that there weren't other women more qualified and who would be more respected that he could have nominated. (And that would have fit his criteria).

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
        I sincerely hope this means the overturning of that awful eminent domain ruling the liberals on the court made just recently.

now I'm really scared, cause I actually agree with you, Jennifer.
        This must be a first. I should go buy some Powerball tickets, cause the stars must be aligned correctly.
        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
        Let's go Mets!

Comment

I think all of the whole political playing field we grew up with has been plowed under and made into something unrecognizable.

The republicans aren't the republicans I grew up with anymore. The dems aren't either.

There are more and more folks on the far whatever side, and moderates are called traitors if they even consider discussion, let alone compromise.

I can't believe I am looking back fondly on Newt Gingrich.

Comment

There are more and more folks on the far whatever side, and moderates are called traitors if they even consider discussion, let alone compromise.
            :ra: So true!!!

I am making a conscious effort to see and hear both sides of a story these days. It makes me feel like a wimp. I keep expecting someone to tell me to get a spine, already. Honestly, when did discussion and listening to the other side of a story become a bad thing? We need to stop building walls and start building bridges. Now. (So, all you conservatives can come out of hiding as far as I'm concerned. I'll listen respectfully to your side if you do the same!)
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by twinsmom
              f he sits back and waits for another attack on our own soil with possibly more destruction than before, then we are up in arms that he didn't do anything to prevent the situation.
              Um, excuse me, but I believe 9/11 was orchestrated by Al Queda??? While Saddam was an evil man (I don't doubt that), his country never actually was able to rebuild itself after we bombed them the first time (Persian Gulf War). In fact, they never did consistently establish electricity and running water throughout the country and had to manage without necessities such as latex gloves in their hospitals. The trade embargos were still in effect from the first war (at least according to a book I read by an Iraqi woman). If we want to pretend we are there on a humanitarian mission so we can all sleep better at night go right ahead, but you are kidding yourself.
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Saddam Hussein, regardless of any provable connections to bin Laden, posed a credible security threat for years to the United States - before and after the first Gulf War. Additionally, he was openly defying the United Nations requirements that he initially agreed to thus necessitating further action. The United States was the primary member of the United Nations to act in the correct manner towards this blatant disregard for agreed-upon terms.

Jennifer
                Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                With fingernails that shine like justice
                And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead
                  now I'm really scared, cause I actually agree with you, Jennifer.
                  This must be a first.
                  Yes, the devil has recently found the need to purchase a warm parka.

Jennifer
                  Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                  With fingernails that shine like justice
                  And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

The world has gone topsy turvy upside down.

Comment

Um, excuse me, but I believe 9/11 was orchestrated by Al Queda???
                      That's my point - that he got grief for not preventing 9/11 by being up on Al Queda - so he then take preventive measures with Saddam - who was openly breaking every code he had ever agreed to, and who could very easily have orchestrated the next '9/11', and he gets grief.

Remind me never to run for president! There's just no way to win, no matter which side of the conservative/liberal belief system you fall on.

Jen B.

Comment

Yes, but besides the supposed weapons of mass destruction, what proof did we have that he was going to attack us?
                        I agree that Saddam is a big A-Hole that wasn't following the rules set forth by the UN (Gee, that sounds strangely familiar), but I don't think based on that we can make the leap that he was posing a threat to us. The fact of the matter is that we, too, didn't follow the UN rules and waged war on another country--aren't we lucky that other countries don't have the strength to attack us for that.
                        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I wonder where Saddam got those WMD's from? We could check the report that Saddam turned into the United Nations!!!

Oh..no..we can't...because the US demanded a copy of that first and blocked out those uncomfortable little tidbits of information. It's a good thing a copy was made before they gave it to us. That juicy little document has been floating about now for several months.

Not that I'm...cynical...or anything.

At the end of the day, in my eyes, Saddam was an evil dictator who murdered many of his people...and at one time, that was with a wink and a nod from the US because it suited us politically..think Iran....Saddam didn't pose a greater danger to the US than Iran or N. Korea though...and we hadn't even finished the job in Afghanistan. We also never did get Osama bin Laden (whom the US trained, of course ). If we were going in for humanitarian reasons, why haven't we done more in Africa when their were ongoing slaughters...literally genocide going on? Why haven't we stepped in in N. Korea. My GOD...WHY are we doing so much trading with China?

If Saddam Hussein had attacked the US on 9/11 Bush would have been wrong not to attack. As it is, I feel that it distracted us from the real 'war on terror'..if their can be such a thing...

I feel that the last several years have been full of many misguided policies.....but that's just me...
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'M cynical.

Comment

Well, let me just add that that is my partisan opinion and I could be wrong!
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                              X