Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

DC is a flutter!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, the crimes possibly committed by the Clintons reads a bit longer than "just" lying to a federal grand jury. Included are numerous claims of rape, tampering with FBI files, interfering with the WhiteWater investigation, etc. Quite a lot of criminal activity, actually. And, I'm surprised that any woman would support a man who appears to be a serial rapist.

Additionally, the bumper sticker "No one died when Clinton lied," displays a great deal of ignorance. It alludes to the current situation in Iraq (deposing of the dictator Hussein and current U.S. involvement in turning the country over to a democratically elected government). The allusion is that Bush "lied" about intelligence leading to the invasion of Iraq.

The problem with the bumper sticker? It is generally displayed by supporters of the Democratic Party whose last presidential candidate also apparently "lied" about the same intelligence the president received. In fact, this same intelligence (faulty or not) seen by the Senate prompted a large portion of them (many Democratic leaders) to initially support the removal of Hussein and current military maneuvers in Iraq. I suppose the majority of the legislative branch (including most Democrats) is also guilty of "lying"? I would hope then that, for consistancy's sake, a person displaying the bumper sticker would leave the Democratic Party or, at the very least, be equally disgusted with it.

Of course, bumper stickers generally aren't pillars of wisdom or understanding. That's why I don't display them.

Jennifer
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
      Additionally, the bumper sticker "No one died when Clinton lied," displays a great deal of ignorance. It alludes to the current situation in Iraq (deposing of the dictator Hussein and current U.S. involvement in turning the country over to a democratically elected government). The allusion is that Bush "lied" about intelligence leading to the invasion of Iraq.

The problem with the bumper sticker? It is generally displayed by supporters of the Democratic Party whose last presidential candidate also apparently "lied" about the same intelligence the president received. In fact, this same intelligence (faulty or not) seen by the Senate prompted a large portion of them (many Democratic leaders) to initially support the removal of Hussein and current military maneuvers in Iraq.Jennifer
      The CIA intelligence did lead most in the Senate, (Kerry included) to believe that Saddam had WMD and / or was trafficking in the same. But this brings us right back to Valerie Plame -- her husband is the one that told the ADMINISTRATION that the allegations of yellow cake being sold to (someone else, I can't remember who) were untrue and that it didn't support going into Iraq. Then he said it out loud after the ADMINISTRATION ignored him, then his wife's name was provided to reporters.

As far as other charges pertaining to the Clintons: Charges can be made with or without the proof to back it up. Anything can be said or suggested and get on someone's radar screen. A whole lot of what went on was sensationalized by the media, fed via the leaky Ken Starr office, and all he was evenually able to back up was that Clinton lied to the grand jury about receiving a sexual favor from Monica Lewinsky. This investigation has been done quietly and professionally, without the wild and sensational mudslinging.

I've already acknowledged that Clinton's womanizing is abhorrent to me, but I believe his actions as president can be separated from that.

Comment

Working...
      X