Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Soooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooo

anyone else find the Pres's sudden need to discuss a foiled terrorrist attack in 2002, oh, a wee bit of fearmongering now that his feet are starting to feel the blistering heat of Congressional investigations?

Jeez, people- it's illegal to wiretap American Citizens. period. and if you do have a sudden need to listen to American people's overseas connversations, there are actual courts set up the hear about it.

Oh, I hate that man with a passion that I have truly never, ever known.

Makes Nixon look like a law-abiding citizen.

Jenn

Funny, I thought the media's redirection of stories to this LA thing was an attempt to ignore the current huge story of massive, violent rioting around the world against freedom of speech and their own (that, is the American media's) supreme hypocrisy in not simply allowing the American people to see these pictures themselves....

The media has a choice as to which stories they will give lots of airtime. They are ignoring the elephant in the room in order to focus on the mouse crawling across the floor. This a deflection the media is using to draw heat away from themselves.
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Please fill me in on the details...I've lost touch with the news....are there talks of a confressional investigation?

Man...I need to turn on the boob tube!

kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Here's the story:

Bush has referred to the 2002 plot before. In an address last October, he said the United States and its allies had foiled at least 10 serious plots by the al-Qaida terror network in the last four years, including plans for Sept. 11-like attacks on both U.S. coasts. The White House initially would not give details of the plots but later released a fact sheet with a brief, and vague, description of each.

The president filled in details on Thursday.

He said that Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the alleged mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks who was captured in 2003, had already begun planning the West Coast operation in October, just after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. One of Mohammed's key planners was Hambali, the alleged operations chief of the al-Qaida related terrorist group Jemaah Islamiyah. Instead of recruiting Arab hijackers, Hambali found Southeast Asian men who would be less likely to arouse suspicion and who were sent to meet with Osama bin Laden, Bush said.

Under the plot, the hijackers were to use shoe bombs to blow open the cockpit door of a commercial jetliner, take control of the plane and crash it into the Library Tower in Los Angeles, since renamed the US Bank Tower, Bush said. In his remarks, Bush inadvertantly referred to the site as "Liberty Tower," and immediately afterward, the White House corrected him.

The president said the plot was derailed when a Southeast Asian nation arrested a key al-Qaida operative. Bush did not name the country or the operative.
        http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/09/D8FLMVH82.html

Comment

I also found it interesting that he waited 4 years to come out with that little tidbit. I'm not really sure what you are talking about Rapunzel regarding the media neglecting what is going on with the rioting over the cartoons--I hear about it on the news and NPR constantly.
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Ummm, no ignoring the ginormous riots in Europe here, either.

But, think whatever you want, I think the president is a shitheel.

Jenn

Comment

Yes - I found it interesting (absurd) timing.

I don't know how it could be suggested that the media has turned the attention away from the riots -- the President gave a speech -- and the media is usually supposed to cover that, no??

Plus, the riots are all over the news, NPR, and print media.

Comment

Actually, the riots are NOT receiving the attention they deserve. The major information concerning this issue originally came out on blogs. And, the current information that is pertinant to the situation can only be found... on blogs. Similar to the Dan Rather screw-up the internet is trumping the mainstream media once again. I've been watching CNN, Fox, and MSNBC and none of them are giving this issue much coverage - if any. And, they certainly are not keeping the public updated on the relevant information. In fact, it seems to be reported as an after-thought if and when it is mentioned at all.

I suppose reporting news that is years old is useful in some manner - but the important events are occuring around us right now. And, what is up with the incredibly excessive amount of airtime the television media is giving to this guy who killed his wife and baby (sorry, alledgedly killed)? THAT is what is plastered the most across all of the news media in the last few days. Come on, it's an awful event but where are the priorities? Two gruesome murders or hundreds of thousands of rioters across the world calling for the murder of Europeans, attacking Americans, and generally rampaging. WWIII could start and you'd have the American media placadly reporting about some Senate squabble. It's really a Twilight Zone we're occupying right now....

Comment

And Jenn, thanks for the supreme maturity in making sure you swear like a sailor every chance you get.

Luanne, do you have a problem with this on a public forum?

I don't play passive-aggressive games.

Comment

My intention was not to be passive aggressive but to point out that the call room is not intended for children.. I don't see anything passive aggressive about being straightforward. This site is where I share my feelings, happy, sad, angry, scared. Things I may not even share with my husband but that help me to survive this medical lifestyle, these are not things I intentionally share with young children.
                    Luanne
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

If you'll notice a few posts above yours, jloreine decided to post an obscenity on a public forum several hours after I mentioned I would like it to end last night and after you, Luanne, stated you didn't have a problem with it if was in a private area. What am I supposed to think about the two of you?

If you'd like to exclude people who want support without having to wade through curses or people who have children who might look over the shoulder and glance at what is being read then that's your decision.

Comment

Rapunzel,

That subject of that entire thread was pretty much profanity and how it is used. If it offended you so much, why did you visit it after you figured out what it was all about? Occasionally around here, people let things fly. Trust me, as far as I know there is no liberal conspiracy around here to cuss on all the public and private forms.

Sally
                        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

It's been a busy morning here! I'm still on my 1st cup of coffee!

The media must report on something from 3 years ago, b/c the President brought it up (just so that the media would have to report on something from 3 years ago).

The media has also been reporting on how Bush and Rice have been saying that Iran and Syria are fueling the fire (I, ummm, heard it on the news ... I'm not much of a blog reader).

As for the swearing .... I'll leave it w/Sally's comment.

Comment

Do we need a special forum where we can "let it rip" regarding curse words?
                            The simple fact is that Pres Bush is a shitheel, I don't think jorene was being obscene, just calling it as she sees it.
                            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
                            X