Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Forgive me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgive me...

I'm in a mood.... :>

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... reign+bush
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Wow.

DH said he's going to play this for a few of the nurses he works with...just last week they were arguing that Bush is one of the smartest presidents we have ever had.

Comment

I watched it and didn't get it. What exactly is the criticism of exactly? Admittedly, the guy was very redundant with the words "sovereign" and "sovereignity" in that clip. But, I'm often redundant so I have to cut him some slack.

Seriously, what exactly is the problem with Bush in that clip?
      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
      With fingernails that shine like justice
      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I guess I don't get it either?

He was put on the spot to give his definition of sovereign tribes, granted he isn't the best "off the top of the hat" speaking president we have ever had, I guess I don't see it....sounds like most politicians, answering the question with the question giving nothing.

Comment

So he won't win a public speaking contest.....

You know my feelings on this particular point, Kris.....I don't believe that glib=presidential. It's nice for the sound-byte world we live in, but I don't think it is an indicator of intelligence or leadership ability.

Besides, he really can't win.....if he had given a dictionary definition of sovereign, someone would accuse him of being patronizing.

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

The man was basically asked (in a discussion of sovereign nations) to define what a sovereign nation is....stutter, stammer, ptttth.

I'm sorry...but I want a president who can speak in public....Good public speaking and communication aren't a requirement for doctors, moms, indian chiefs, lawyers (well, not necessarily ) but the individual out there representing this country should be able to string a few sentences together. He always sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about. It's a constant 'dear in the headlights' thing. This is not a one time thing of Bush stumbling over a few words.

It is just one example of many. Anyone remember his 'shame on me' speech?

Hey...feel free to post some "I did not have sex with that woman" videos...I'll laugh just as hard....

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3
              Besides, he really can't win.....if he had given a dictionary definition of sovereign, someone would accuse him of being patronizing.

Sally
              If he had given a dictionary definition of sovereign I would be patting him on the back. "What a smart man" I would think.

Comment

Don't mind me though...we all know that I'm biased.

kris

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                  The man was basically asked (in a discussion of sovereign nations) to define what a sovereign nation is....stutter, stammer, ptttth.

I'm sorry...but I want a president who can speak in public....Good public speaking and communication aren't a requirement for doctors, moms, indian chiefs, lawyers (well, not necessarily ) but the individual out there representing this country should be able to string a few sentences together. He always sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about. It's a constant 'dear in the headlights' thing. This is not a one time thing of Bush stumbling over a few words.

It is just one example of many. Anyone remember his 'shame on me' speech?

Hey...feel free to post some "I did not have sex with that woman" videos...I'll laugh just as hard....

Kris
                  Kris, I posted a clip that contains part of that speech in the Mood Makeovers forums.

http://www.medicalspouse.com/forums/...pic.php?t=7652

Here it is in case you missed it.

And the direct link:

http://www.jan98.com/forums/images/TimeOut.wmv

He's a moron. Yes, I think that being able to speak in public well should be a requirement for a job that requires so much of it. Silly me.

It would be like you asked someone to please define happiness, and they say, "Happiness is being happy, and they are happy in their happiness and it is like we are happy because they are happy about their happiness."
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by heidi

It would be like you asked someone tp please define happiness, and they say, "Happiness is being happy, and they are happy in their happiness and it is like we are happy because they are happy about their happiness."
                    I'm so....happy in my happiness!

I was just being evil when I posted this video clip anyway. I should stay away from the sdn. Sorry to all who do like Bush....you know I love you too.

kris

Comment

ooops..that was me. Now I can't stay LOGGED IN on my laptop.

Comment

Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Well, I think generally if you are defining a word or phrase you aren't supposed to use the word or phrase in the definition. Am I wrong?
                          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

My son came to me today and asked me what "sophisticated" means. At that particular moment I could recall the route "soph" and it's meaning as well as the exact definition of "sophistry". But, for some reason I found myself momentarily faltering on the best way to define "sophisticated". My friend who was visiting and has an outstanding grasp of vocabulary rescued me and gave him a great definition while I floundered around explaining that sophisticated people seem sophisticated.

Seriously, people make mistakes. Even people who were trained for many years in the art of public speaking and debate.... Again,
                            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                            With fingernails that shine like justice
                            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

If that were Pres. Bush's only problem, no one would care. It would be similar to how Shaquille O'Neal is terrible at freethrows and yet is still considered a great player overall. It's the way this weakness plays into larger concerns about his intelligence and qualifications for his position that make it exasperating and funny. I agree that in itself it's a small quirk--it's the context that makes it noteworthy.
                              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Working...
                              X