Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Coke or Pepsi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coke or Pepsi?

Coke. Pepsi is too sweet (absurd, I know). Trying to avoid all of it -- it is truly my addiction.

My truly #1 most favorite thing to drink is tonic water- regular or diet. With a ton of citrus sliced- preferably a huge hunk of grapefruit but any will do. (and I actually rarely add the vodka or gin, I just love the stuff straight up!)

But, if a gun were against my head (in Texas, no doubt)...I'd have to go with Coke for regular and Pepsi for diet and flavors, although the Diet Lime coke with rum is mighty tasty.

However, if given the choice between a soda and a beer, I'll always take the beer. (or wine for that matter) I'm going to drink empty calories, it might as well be grown-up calories!

Jenn

Comment

Iused to be a purely Pepsi drinker. Now, I prefer coke, but really, either will do.

I am in process of going off the stuff though. I'm not switching to diet. I am just going off.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Coke, Coke, Coke.

I also really like C2 (I think it is half splenda, half sugar) which I know isn't as good as diet, but I can't STAND diet.

I am one of those people that doesn't drink very much at a time......it is uncomfortable for me somehow. DH thinks that is SO weird because he is the opposite extreme. When we go out to eat, he gets 3 or 4 refills in the time it takes me to finish my first drink. He calls me a camel.

So, I drink a can of C2 about every other day, and I usually can't finish it in one sitting. If I go out to eat, (2 or 3 times a week) I get a *real* Coke and I have been known to pick restaurants based on whether they serve Coke or Pepsi products. I am a devoted fan, but I don't drink enough of it to seem serious!

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Coke! When we go to restaurants that serve Pepsi I'll drink Dr. Pepper or something else entirely, I just can't handle the taste for some reason. I don't understand how some people can't tell them apart.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Dr. Pepper

Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I grew up in a house with a definite brand loyalty to Pepsi, but as an adult I slightly prefer Coke, which I find a little less sweet. Really they're pretty interchangeable to me and I'll buy whatever is on sale.

I actually prefer the diet to the regular, and I love all the new flavors they have now with the vanilla and lime etc.

And I agree that Dr. Pepper beats them both.
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I'll take either when we eat out. We don't buy it for home.

That's so funny Sally -- my DH is the same way. He drinks so many refills per meal it is almost embarassing. That's how we pick our restaurants - based on the speed of the refills.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I don't drink much soda but between the two, I prefer Coke. I really like those little half cans. Especially with rum and a lime wedge.

I love tonic water too -- with citrus, especially lime. Yum!

Comment

Nellie- why or why must we be separated by all of those red states in the middle? Just think of the fun we could have if we were even on the same coast!

Jenn

Comment

I used to think they all tasted the same (I would drink RC, even generic and it tasted the same to me), but I guess over the years my taste buds have become more refined and I prefere Coke. I actually don't drink much soda these days, but sometimes an icy coke really hits the spot.
                      To you tonic water drinkers--have you tried Pellegrino! It's good stuff, especially with a splash of pomegranite or anything fruity really.
                      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

COKE!
                        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Definitely Coca Cola here.
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
                            Nellie- why or why must we be separated by all of those red states in the middle? Just think of the fun we could have if we were even on the same coast!

Jenn
                            No kidding!

How about tonic and a little tangerine juice at my place? You bring the crab chips.

Comment

Diet Coke, I also find Pepsi (and Diet Pepsi) too sweet. But if the restaurant only has Diet Pepsi, I ask for lime on the side. A few pieces take the sweetness away (as does a splash or two of Bacardi).

Comment

Working...
                              X