Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

W's Judges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W's Judges

So, what does everybody think of W's judicial nominations of Kavanaugh, Boyle, Myers and Haynes?

Brett Kavanaugh, whose principal legal accomplishment was helping Kenneth Starr persecute Bill Clinton. Mr. Kavanuagh has never tried a case to verdict or judgment.
    William Myers, who is opposed by a coalition of more than 180 organizations, and whose previous nomination was so controversial it was eventually stopped by a filibuster.
    William J. Haynes, who served as the Department of Defense's principal defender of denying Geneva Convention protections to prisoners of the "war on terror," and indefinitely detaining U.S. citizens without the ability to challenge their detention.
    Terrence Boyle, who has repeatedly ignored established law to dismiss discrimination claims, and has a record of hostility toward individual rights claims by African Americans and persons with disabilities.

I just don't see an Ivy League education as a redeeming quality in these cases.

Yeah, Bush is the devil. I like to call him Chimpy McHalliHitler myself.

NO BLUD 4 OIL!!!!!!

Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Yes, well notwithstanding W's being the devil incarnate, as Jennifer has pointed out, lots of other presidents appointed judges with ideologies similar to their own. The difference here is that like everything in this administration, it's just one step over the line and very blatant.
      I'm surprised they haven't given it a healthy code-name, something like, well, "The Well-Balanced Justices Initiative."
      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
      Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel

NO BLUD 4 OIL!!!!!!

Thank goodness more americans are on board with this now.

Bush isn't the devil..he's just a moron. I don't even care about his nominees anymore...I don't care about him.

We all got what we deserved by keeping him in office. The repugs for voting for him..the dems for putting up such losers.

This country is in the trash.

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I can only echo here, Bush sucks even more than his Dad.
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
          X