Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Rosie O Donell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosie O Donell

Did anyone watch "The View" when Rosie O Donell said this "

"And just one second, radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam in a country like America."
    The have clip of this on this site http://newsbusters.org/node/7577

I haven't seen the clip (can't watch it at work) but I still think having her on that show is a BAD idea!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I don't like the View, and never really have. I think the Hasselback / ODonnell combination will make it more arguementitive than it ever was.

But I have no problem w/what Rosie said. IMO 'radical' or 'fundamentalist' of ANY religion is bad. Because we can't avoid the labels - the phrases 'radical' or 'fundamentalist' translate (in my way of thinking) to mean "God wants me to kill in His name". In my mind - those people are no longer practicing a religion. They are using the name of the religion as a cover for their hatred and evil behavior.

Are people calling themselves Fundamentalist Christians bombing us? No - not usually. Some have bombed abortion clinics. IMO one is sitting in the White House using all of his power and might to bomb the hell of out of Iraq, a country not at all connected w/the attacks. And then he and his cronies are using outside groups to continue to scare people into thinking the only way we will be safe it to support them.

Comment

I agree with Jesher. :!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I would only agree with Rosie if Billy Graham called for the extermination of an entire race of people.

I think to compare fundmental Christianity to Jihadist belittles the tragedy of those who have lost their loved ones in terrorist attacks. It's like how everyone compares someone they don't like to Hitler. Are we that desenstized to horror that we have to extragerate everything ? I believe she is putting her own homosexual agenda up there with the 9/11, like they are equal tragedies. Give me a break.

Comment

I don't like Rosie or The View so I guess it's fitting to keep them both in the same place.

Comment

I'm with Jesher!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Re: Rosie O Donell

Originally posted by DrWahoo
                Did anyone watch "The View" when Rosie O Donell said this "

"And just one second, radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam in a country like America."
                The have clip of this on this site http://newsbusters.org/node/7577
                She should have said, "and just one seocnd, radical Christianity is just as threatening to my ideals as radical Islam is to yours."

I agree that radical anything is bad... so, yes, radical Islam is a real threat to us, as Americans. Just as radical Christianity is a threat to the way we function as a society. Islam and Christianty in and of themselves are not threatening.

She was swatting at Hasselback for her religion, and that irks me. Just as it does when anyone takes a swat for their personal guiding beliefs.
                Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
                Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Originally posted by DrWahoo
                  I would only agree with Rosie if Billy Graham called for the extermination of an entire race of people.
                  How about Pat Robertson?

"When I said during my presidential bid that I would only bring Christians and Jews into the government, I hit a firestorm. `What do you mean?' the media challenged me. `You're not going to bring atheists into the government? How dare you maintain that those who believe in the Judeo Christian values are better qualified to govern America than Hindus and Muslims?' My simple answer is, `Yes, they are.'" --from Pat Robertson's "The New World Order," page 218

"If anybody understood what Hindus really believe, there would be no doubt that they have no business administering government policies in a country that favors freedom and equality. ... Can you imagine having the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini as defense minister, or Mahatma Gandhi as minister of health, education, and welfare? The Hindu and Buddhist idea of karma and the Muslim idea of kismet, or fate condemn the poor and the disabled to their suffering. ... It's the will of Allah. These beliefs are nothing but abject fatalism, and they would devastate the social gains this nation has made if they were ever put into practice." --Pat Robertson's "The New World Order," page 219
                  And for the record, I don't lump Billy Graham in with the 'radical' or 'fundamentalist' I was describing earlier. I don't agree with him, but I don't think he's out there encouraging his followers to kill, either. Pat Roberston on the other hand, has suggested assasinations and made many other asinine statements.

Comment

WTH? I heart Buddhism. That is a really tough religion to condemn.

Comment

Edited - in honor of my uncle.

Comment

Comment

I'm kicking myself for the reincarnation comment. Perhaps it was too personal...

Comment

I guess I really like the idea of the attempting to become enlightened. What a cool concept. So maybe I should rephrase my initial statement... I heart some of the philosophies behind Buddhism, not necessarily the religion itself. Make sense? One of my favorite books is Siddhartha.

However, I still have a hard time with someone placing Buddhism in the same breath as radical Islam or radical Christianity. The belief system of Buddhists only affects those that believe in it... not innocent bystanders.

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                              I'm kicking myself for the reincarnation comment. Perhaps it was too personal...
                              Opps sorry, we posted at the same time....if you want to edit it, I will edit mine and take out your quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X