Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

This Sicko Needs the Chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Sicko Needs the Chair

This story makes me so angry and so sick. I want to kick her and vomit at the same time. I am so disappointed in the human race sometimes...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/09/25/sl....ap/index.html

Psych exam ordered for suspect in fetus-snatching case
    POSTED: 11:54 a.m. EDT, September 25, 2006
    Story Highlights• NEW: A judge orders a psychological exam for suspect Tiffany Hall, 24
    • Hall pleads not guilty to first-degree murder in deaths of Jimella Tunstall, fetus
    • Preliminary autopsies show Tunstall's three children were drowned, coroner says
    • Police say children's decomposing bodies found in washer, dryer

EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois (AP) -- A judge on Monday ordered a psychological examination for a woman accused of killing a pregnant acquaintance and her fetus.

Tiffany Hall, 24, looked sullen as she appeared at an arraignment hearing via video conference from the St. Clair County Jail, where she is being held on a $5 million bond.

Prosecutors say she killed Jimella Tunstall, 23, and her fetus, which had been cut from Tunstall's womb.

St. Clair County Associate Judge Heinz Rudolph entered not guilty pleas on Hall's behalf on charges of first-degree murder and intentional homicide of an unborn child.

According to authorities, Hall told police she also drowned Tunstall's three children -- ages 7, 2 and 1 -- and stuffed them into a washer and dryer at the apartment they shared with their mother. (Watch crime scene where cops found children's bodies -- :50)

Hall has not been charged in the children's deaths.

Police have not offered a possible motive.(Watch how the emotional case is affecting police -- 1:19)

Rudolph asked Hall whether she planned to hire a private attorney or needed a public defender. She replied simply: "I don't know."

Rudolph then appointed public defender Randy Kelley as her attorney. He granted Kelley's requests for a psychological evaluation and that Hall be segregated from the rest of the inmates for her protection.

After keeping her gruesome secret for days, Hall told police she drowned the children and stuffed them into a washer and dryer, authorities say.

Preliminary autopsies on the children appeared to show they were drowned, said Ace Hart, a deputy St. Clair County coroner.

According to the autopsies, there were no signs of physical abuse or trauma on the children -- ages 7, 2, and 1 -- and toxicology tests were pending "to see if they were poisoned or possibly drugged," Hart said.

In the days after authorities say she killed Tunstall and her fetus, Hall went about everyday life, chatting with her daughter's elementary school teacher and helping her daughter with homework, Hall's mother, Beverly Cruise, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Authorities suspect Tunstall was slain on or about Septwmber 15.

That day, Hall summoned police to a park, saying she had given birth to a stillborn child, Hart said. She was arrested after she told her boyfriend during the baby's funeral that the baby wasn't his and that she had killed the mother to get it, authorities said.

Tunstall's body was found Thursday, and authorities began a furious search for her children. Police said the children were last seen with Hall on Monday.

Authorities had visited Tunstall's apartment Friday but noticed nothing amiss while looking for photographs of the children for media outlets to publicize in their search, Hart said.

Mourners left stuffed animals outside Tunstall's apartment, its door crisscrossed with white evidence tape. There was a white teddy bear, and a stuffed race car with DeMond's name.

An autopsy showed that Jimella Tunstall bled to death after sustaining an abdominal wound caused by a sharp object, believed to be scissors, Hart has said. Authorities believe her womb was cut open after she was knocked unconscious.

Relatives say Tunstall grew up with Hall and had let her baby-sit her children. Hall has two children of her own. Illinois State Police Capt. Craig Koehler said they are "safe and sound."

DNA tests should determine definitively whether the baby was the one Tunstall was carrying, Hart said.

Funerals for Tunstall and her children were scheduled for Friday.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Yeh after this one and the one a few weeks ago I've told DH that if we do end up moving to St. Louis someday I'm locking myself in the house once you can tell I'm pregnant - what is with people?
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I live in a St. Louis suburb and have been following this grisly story from the beginning. I was horrified when I read this article about where they found the children. What is the matter with her? I definitely think she needs to be in solitary confinement at a mental institution, if not the chair!

Oh, and St. Louis is really THAT bad. This actually happened in East St. Louis which is across the river in Illinois. It is possibly the WORST areas in the entire area. Bad stuff happens over there all the time, but nothing ever this gruesome. I agree, though, this hasn't been a great month for the area.

Comment

Working...
      X