Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Again??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again??!!

I am listening to the live press confrence of the most recent school shooting in Lancaster PA! What is it w/ these sickos, the guy in CO took females hostage, sexually abused /raped them & killed one girl.

Today the guy took the all the female students hostage and bound them & shot them@ the blackboard???

Then the principal that was killed on Fri in Wisconsin!!!

We certainly live in a culture of widespread violence and cruelty. Did anyone see 20/20 last night talking about bum hunting. In one case, four teenage boys savagely beat a homeless man to death over a three hour period wherein they beat him, left, and came back again for more. When asked why they did it, one perpetrator said, "I don't know, maybe for fun". These young men had no moral or ethical basis if they couldn't stop their impulsiveness while they beat the life out of another human being "for fun".

I'm reading a great book right now entitled "Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Lives of Boys." I'm not going to do the authors justice with my synopsis, but essentially these two male psychologists argue that we are raising a bunch of emotionally impaird boys in a hyperviolent society. The results are increased homicides, suicides, drugs, drunk driving, and careless sex. The authors argue that we are not giving our male children the emotional and psychological tools to cope thereby impelling them to shut down and live detached workaholic lifestyles (sound familiar?), self-medicate, lash out, or engage in some other destructive behavior.

Anyway, in order to understand this incident, Columbine, and sadly so many other incidents, I would strongly recommend this book. It is a great starting point for conversations.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

They say as of now they have no evidence or accounts that he( the 32 year old male) carried out any acts of molestation on the little amish girls, even though that is what he was feeling compelled to do. It truly seems like it was a copy cat crime, in that he saw on TV or read about how the scum in CO managed to sexually abuse his hostages.

kmbsjbcgb,Does the book address sexual predatory behavior?

Comment

No...this book is actually just about raising boys into decent human beings. It is great, however.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
        X