Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Relocation voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocation voting

Okay, so I know I am not the only transplant here. I admit to a lackluster track record in voting in certain elections because I do not feel that I know enough about any of the candidates to make a vote. In the last presidential election, for example, that was the only vote I made, and I didn't even touch the other races because I didn't feel comfortable making those votes.

I do not vote down party lines, and I don't think it is right to do so. So, how do you make informed voting decisions when you are in a new area without spending hours upon hours digging through propaganda and BS?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

I don't think you can - I think to make an educated vote in an area you're not very familiar with you have to dig through the BS. I need to get on that we've got a lot going on this year and I don' t know what to do yet.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Here, the League of Women Voters puts out a non-partisan synopsis on all the candidates (past voting record, positions stated at debates) a few weeks before the election. It comes out in the local paper. That was very helpful last time around with the less publicized elections.

I, too, think that voting one issue or down party lines is not great. I do plan too do that this time. That's just where I'm at with this whole political process.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Lily - you're a riot.

you might want to leave that link out of your law school personal statements

Comment

I found out last year that as a registered independent in Ohio I can vote in EITHER primary (but not both). I was very surprised. I thought I wasn't eligible to vote in primaries either. I suppose it could be an Ohio law - but it's something that an independent should check out in a new state.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
          X