Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

john kerry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john kerry

so, i know you all must be dying to discuss this. what is up with john kerry? bill oreilly said he doesnt think that JK made this remark....to have it sound the way it did, "because that would be political suicide"

now the dems want an appology...he has cancelled two speaking engagements sofar...and lying low.

i have to agree that he probably didnt mean it the way it sounded, but what a stupid comment......and of course at this important time of year, blown out of context (?)
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

I'm sure that he didn't mean it the way that it came out. I listened to the context of his statements he was making beyond this ridiculously bad comment. I think the media is giving it too much attention (aka Dean Scream, AKA I was for it before I was against it) BUT...he needs to apologize for the comment then get the hell out of the limelight until the election is over.

When you listen to his greater comments, he was actually criticizing Bush...he was trying to say...go to college and learn lessons from history, or be a moron and get us involved in another vietnam because you weren't paying attention...but as usual, he put his feet in his mouth and swallowed.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

For once I agree with Kris! He was trying to make fun of Bush but that is definitely NOT the way it came out - it came out like if you're stupid you end up in Iraq as a soldier. VERY bad slip for him and he can try to defend it all he wants, but that is how it came out at the time.

ETA: And of course its a "big deal" because we are one week from an election that could have major ramifications for the senate and the house. Bad time to make a bad comment.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Clearly he did not mean it to be an insult, but what I find telling is no one will talk about the military in general.

Perhaps I am totally wrong, but it does sure seem to me that the more education you have, the less likely you will be in the military....Education does not make you 'smart' in the pure sense of the word but it sure seems more enlisted folks are not college educated.

Course saying I am for the draft....that might open a can of worms

Comment

Originally posted by pstone
          Perhaps I am totally wrong, but it does sure seem to me that the more education you have, the less likely you will be in the military....Education does not make you 'smart' in the pure sense of the word but it sure seems more enlisted folks are not college educated.
          Well enlisting is often the means to getting the education, so yes, many enlisted do not yet have college educations. My husband had one year of college when he enlisted, and it was the military that enabled him to go back for the other three.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

my dh was in for 8 years then went to school. the GI bill covered almost all of undergrad.
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Mine enlisted to pay for college through the GI bill.

and Kerry is just as much of an idiot as Bush and I hated voting for him last time.

and you know how much it pains me to admit that.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
              X