Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

As of today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As of today....

My resignation letter has been submitted. I'm excited and terrified by the prospect of my impending unemployment.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

yay!

Embrace it. I remember that bizarre feeling myself. Liberating and terrifying all at the same time.

Jenn

Comment

Agree with all of the above.

Congratulations on this new opportunity!

Now you don't have to take off the housecoat and remove the curlers. Life gets much simpler. :>

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will love it.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
          Originally posted by cupcake
          Now you don't have to take off the housecoat and remove the curlers. Life gets much simpler. :>
          A perk is a perk is a perk.

Thats too funny, I've been in my housecoat all day! (My first week of unemployment).

Welcome to the club Kelly!

Comment

Thanks! June 6, 2007: Unemployment here I come!

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Wow, congrats!! Enjoy!
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Congrats!! I'll be done a week ahead of you but will have to soon start pounding the pavement all over again. I really hate to be leaving my job...but it is just a job.

Comment

Congrats. I cannot imagine what it felt like -- but it's one more step to BEING DONE WITH GENERAL SURGERY!!!!

WHOOOOP WHOOOP

:rah: :rah: :rah: :rah:

:wee: :wee: :wee: :wee:

:stars: :stars: :stars: :stars:

Yes it really will happen my friend.
                  They won't send the "residency police" after your DH on July 2 looking for him......
                  Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn
                    Yes it really will happen my friend.
                    They won't send the "residency police" after your DH on July 2 looking for him......
                    Dreaming of the day!

Congrats Kelly! You deserve all the goodness in the world!
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Congratulations! I remember the feeling. It took me months to fully decompress.

Comment

Congrats!!!

Any tips on where best to look for housecoat and curlers?

Comment

yay! welcome to stay at home mommy-hood!!!
                          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Congrats!!! I remember when I submitted my resignation letter so I could be home with the kiddos. It was scary and liberating all at once.

I still have times where I get a little freaked about not bringing home a paycheck, not contributing to my retirement account and where I simply miss the adult interaction with my former coworkers. Overall, however, it was the best decision I've made! Congratulations!
                            Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Congrats on the new phase in life! Whew hoo! Then are you going to fess up on the towed car story? haha.
                              Needs

Comment

Working...
                              X