Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My awesome gig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My awesome gig

Man o man. I love, love, LOVE my boss.

I was hired as a 'pool' employee- basically PT for up to 1000 hours (and not one minute more)

I've been basically working between 20 and 30 hours a week which has fit perfectly with managing everything else I'm attempting to do, especially since Rick left.

My 1000 hours are almost up so we had to come up with a new job description encompassing everything that I do. So we did. and he effectively doubled my hourly rate and reduced my hours to 20. I love that man. I can work more when and if I need to but for most of the time, it's 20 hours. I can work 4 5-hour days or 5 4-hour days. or whatever combination works for that particular week.

and I'm eligible for the reitrement plan which is great because I didn't get to make any retirement contributions into any of my rollovers since I stopped working (we've been maxing out Ricks but come on, a girl has to look out for herself these days).

I keep waiting for them to say that it was all a dream- I have the WHOLE morning to myself and then I'm off by 5pm.

Whew.

Jenn

Way to go!

Comment

That is *great*. Congrats!!
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

That sounds like a great situation! Awesome!!!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Fabulous!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Wow sounds awesome!

Comment

This sounds like a very good work arrangement!
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Can I be honest and admit that I'm both thrilled and jealous in the same instance?

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'm right there with you Kelly.

Comment

That is fantastic! Congrats on your gig!
                    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Congrats. Clearly this dude knows a good thing when he sees it!

Comment

That's awesome!

arty:

Comment

We jsut increased my hours to 30 starting September first because the "other duties as required" have over run my actually DOING QA.

I'm going to do 8 hours t/th and 5 M/W/F

Still is all good.

Jenn

It's so funny- because it's quite easily the easiest job I've ever had since I had to restock the shelves in my first job at the dept. store. I think the chocolate factory store was harder because I had to be there early in the am.

Comment

Working...
                          X