Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Supplemental Work or Working from Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplemental Work or Working from Home

Hi All,

As I've mentioned, my BF just started med school in Cleveland and I am still in Boston working. We have tentative plans for me to move in 2008, possibly as early as January. I say possibly because part of this all depends on my ability to keep my job. This is my choice and BF would rather be on welfare than without me for a job or $$ but I still think it's important for me right now. The problem is, my job is very flexible and I could work long distance but doing so would drastically shrink my bonus and force me to pay for hotel rooms when I return to Boston.

I was wondering if any of you do any work from home to supplement or provide income. I was thinking of things like data entry or something like that. Since he's so busy anyway, I could be quite flexible but it would have to be weekend or evening work since I need to be available during normal work hours for my other job (9-7).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know it's a pretty hard thing to come by but I figured if anyone would know, you guys would!!

Thanks,
    Elisabeth
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

some ideas

Hi!

My cousin does medical transcription from home and does well. You'd certainly learn alot about the medical front.

Any writing skills? I do freelance writing PT, and there is definitely a market. I have a friend who does grant writing and she says you can make good money doing that. If you can proofread, you can test to get on the approved proofreader list at universities, and do that from home.

Another thought: would your current company let you work as a contractor for them, instead of being an employee? so you wouldn't have to fly back to Boston?

Just some ideas!

Comment

The company that I work for has employees all over the country and are housed when they have to meet (3-4 times per year) with the rest of the staff.

They are coaches to students who are applying to Business School. If you have any experience with the Corporate world (Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Citi etc.), this is the perfect kind of job. We have one woman who lives in Paris and still earns a respectable salary.

PM if you are interested in more details.
      Danielle
      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Working...
      X